Colt Forum banner
  • Have you found any great Black Friday deal!? Share them in this post HERE for a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have been checking the gun stores here in NE Ohio for about 2 years waiting and waiting (and waiting) for a 3" King Cobra to come in. Did finally get one in July but things have gotten interesting. During that 2 year search it was a treat to see even 1 Colt in stock. Now however, when I go into the gun stores I almost always see at least 1 Colt, and the local Ohio chain outdoor store now has about a half dozen, every visit (I check in about every 2 weeks). One of the staff said they get about half a dozen in every Thursday and they last only a few days. Two visits ago they had 2 engraved Anacondas ($1999), 1 engraved Python, 1 regular Python, a 4" KC and 3 1911s. Two weeks later all were gone but there were 6 other Colts there including a 3" KC and a Gold Cup. The guy behind the counter told me the previous week they got 3 Anacondas in and they sold out almost immediately. Can't make it there this week but the newspaper ad showed the Colt M4 on sale $500 off!! (I mentioned this in another post). So.....FINALLY....Colts are available here in little old NE Ohio. Finally!!! Anyone else notice an uptick in Colt availability? Is this a CZ thing or just Colt finally deciding to put on another shift or is panic buying slowing in other parts of the country so now Ohio can finally get some guns?

·
Premium Member
1,695 Posts
That's good to hear for your neck of the woods. We've had a steady stream of Cobras/King Cobras pretty much non-stop and the occasionally base model blued Gov't model trickle through but that's about it. I'd speculate they ramped up AR production going into the last election and when it turned out the way it did, the inventory was decimated. Now that the panic buying subsided and manufacturing caught up, you're seeing those prices sliding right back down to almost "normal" for them. It's bound to go back up after any number of political/world events will occur again. We've seen that cycle repeated for many, many years.

I hope Colt focused on getting the variety out there, as many are poised to buy but can't find the Colt they want. I stopped in a normally Colt heavy store the other day and for every Colt he wanted to show me, he also produced 4-5 comparable model Springfields, Ruger's and more.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Online store obviously, and I don’t prefer stainless - but if I had mindset (which I do ) and means of investing in more COLT , I’d be ALL OVER this ....... paging Ben !
Not an incredible deal , but I think very desirable and future money in the (kid’s piggy) bank .
Little steep, and NOS - but people like stainless , and S70’s ( yeah, I know)
Font Screenshot Web page Technology Software

1 - 4 of 4 Posts