Colt Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to my lgs and ordered my 6920 this afternoon. I felt I got a good deal as well. 1150$ out the door. Should be here Wednesday. I want a decent red dot and a 4 round clip and look out bambi.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Nice job, Dickjr. Any Colt AR-15 would've been a good choice. I bought my 6920 back in April when things were quite hectic from all the gun control nuts causing a panic. Started out with a red dot but switched over to a 3-9x40 scope. The red dot was nice for shooting up to 75yds. but I wanted to shoot at further distances. I just picked up shooting recently and am having a blast. Shooting steel targets at 100yds plus and improving every day. There's nothing like hitting a 5-8" steel target and getting immediate feedback (IMHO). Sorry, I do all of my hunting at the supermarket.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
You did good by getting a Colt, I won't congratulate you now, I'll do it when you get it.

Did you get the standard LE6920 with the Rogers SuperStoc or the Magpul MOE model?

The MSRP of the standard model with Rogers SuperStoc is $1,155, Walmart sells them for $1,097 and my LGS sells them for $1,105.99, the Magpul models MSRP of $1,229 ($1,147 at Walmart).

For a good red dot optic I would highly recommend an Aimpoint PRO model, it have a lower price than other Aimpoint models but with great performance, unbeatable battery life and reliability, that's coming from a very satisfied Aimpoint owner for 24 years now.

I would also suggest getting the new Magpul PMAG gen3 10 round magazines, they also have an optional separate 5 round limiter, they just shipped these new 10 round mags to dealers and it might take some looking around different stores to find them, if you can't find them in your area you could order it direct from Magpul.

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
You did good by getting a Colt.
For a good red dot optic I would highly recommend an Aimpoint PRO model, it have a lower price than other Aimpoint models but with great performance, unbeatable battery life and reliability, that's coming from a very satisfied Aimpoint owner for 24 years now.
Concur.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Let me echo what has already been said. You will love your 6920. My SOCOM is a great rifle. I will also echo what has been said about the Aimpoint Pro. It simply cannot be beat at the price, and Aimpoint's quality is superior. I have one on my SOCOM.

But, if you have a tight budget, let me recommend the Redfield Counter Strike. It is a high quality optic for not that much money. Forgetting the laser that comes with it, the capability of having a red or green dot is what sold me. I have a slight astigmatism, and the green is much more clear for me. I have one on my Armalite SPR.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Thanks for the compliments , the rifle should be here by Wednesday. I'm not a hunter myself but my son is and he does like venison ( I like local grown ash free beef 60 days on grain ). I'm ready to try it out. I bought it for my 40th birthday which is the 22. I already have two 1911 , the bad child , Double Eagle , and the more elagant Gold Cup National Match. I plan on aquiring more in the future. My kids will have a nice estate sale on day.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Good choice, concur on the Aimpoint and Magpul Gen 3's. Get a good 2 point sling like a Blue Force Gear/ Vickers and you're gtg.

·
Registered
34 Posts
You did good by getting a Colt, I won't congratulate you now, I'll do it when you get it.

Did you get the standard LE6920 with the Rogers SuperStoc or the Magpul MOE model?

The MSRP of the standard model with Rogers SuperStoc is $1,155, Walmart sells them for $1,097 and my LGS sells them for $1,105.99, the Magpul models MSRP of $1,229 ($1,147 at Walmart).

I would also suggest getting the new Magpul PMAG gen3 10 round magazines, they also have an optional separate 5 round limiter, they just shipped these new 10 round mags to dealers and it might take some looking around different stores to find them, if you can't find them in your area you could order it direct from Magpul.
Concur on the Aimpoint PRO. I've got one on my 6920 and love it!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Got my rifle yesterday. I was supprised how lite it was and the center of gravity seems dead center. Won't be able to shoot until tomorrow afternoon. I've got a vendetta with some beer cans , some milk jugs maybe even a spoiled cantalope.

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
15,871 Posts
As always, clean the factory sticky lube off everything first, especially from the bore and chamber, bolt and bolt carrier.
Shoot, enjoy....repeat.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Got my rifle yesterday. I was supprised how lite it was and the center of gravity seems dead center. Won't be able to shoot until tomorrow afternoon. I've got a vendetta with some beer cans , some milk jugs maybe even a spoiled cantalope.
Congrats on your new Colt 6920!

What configuration did it came in, Magpul folding MBUS rear sight and Colt-Rogers SuperStoc or with standard M4 buttstock? A picture is worth a thousand words.

My LGS had plenty of standard LE6920 over 100 a couple of weeks ago but now only have one left, they sure move fast.

The latest version they have are with Magpul folding rear sight and M4 buttstock, the Rogers SuperStoc with the locking friction lever version are now gone.

I've got two 6920, my newer one is a LE6920 2012 configuration with detachable carry handle and the Rogers SuperStoc and my older one is a Sporter model SP6920 "Sporter M4 Carbine" marked 2011 configuration with detachable carry handle and M4 buttstock, both mine are very reliable both over 1K rounds now without any failure to cycle with surplus 5.56 mm and commercial .223 ammo that I feed it.

+1 Clean the factory lube completely then lube it, I had been using SLiP 2000 EWL (Extreme Weapons Lubricant) for more than five years now and I'm very satisfied with it's great performance, here's a link for AR lube points.

AR15 LUBE POINTS - AR15.COM

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have the 2013 config, the flip up rear site. I wanted the more triangle shape adjustable stock but ended up with the what I refer to for better lack of terminology at this point is the funky shaped adjustable one. I'm glad I read about removing the factory oil. I'll clean it up and I have some stuff to lube r up with. I'll have a decent red dot in about two weeks , got to shop around a bit first.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Great choice! According to the pros, you want to get a sight you can co-witness with the iron sites. This way if the batteries give out, or the red dot fails, you can still sight your target. FWIW. I love mine, got the tango down quick release single point attachment for a sling, magpul furniture with a tlr lite and pressure pad for snipe hunting! ;-)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts