Colt Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After a lot of trouble, inconvenience, and much stress. I found the Series 70 I wanted. NIB with the "100 Years Of Service" roll mark. I saw it a local gun store months ago. When I went to see if it was still there, I had to remind the store owner where to find it. I don't think they even remembered they had one.

There is an obvious demand for these guns. Colt is missing out if they don't pick up production of their semi-autos.

·
Premium Member
9,737 Posts
Colt is missing out if they don't pick up production of their semi-autos.
Do you really think Colt is not building all of the Model O pistols that it has the capacity to build? With the clone makers selling hundreds of thousands a year, the demand for the "real thing" is huge - IF Colt could meet the demand. It cannot.

You are indeed lucky to find a new Colt that has now been out of production for two years.

Did you make the prop rod? If not, where did you find it?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you really think Colt is not building all of the Model O pistols that it has the capacity to build? With the clone makers selling hundreds of thousands a year, the demand for the "real thing" is huge - IF Colt could meet the demand. It cannot.

You are indeed lucky to find a new Colt that has now been out of production for two years.

Did you make the prop rod? If not, where did you find it?
One of the theories I've heard as to the shortage, was they were spending more of their resources building ARs than handguns.

I made the prop rods myself. 3.5" by 3/4" oak dowel. Found the emblems by doing an image search on google and printed them out on heavy gauge tan resume' paper. Glued the emblems using wood glue, then put 7 to 8 coats of Minwax clear poly urethane.

·
Premium Member
9,737 Posts
Since Colt Defense builds all AR platform rifles, and Colt Commercial builds all Model O pistols, what one does has no relation to the other. Building AR rifles does not prevent building Model O pistols.

Nice prop rods!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Beautiful Colt OP, congratulations. :D

It brings back fond memories of my first Colt purchased about 1981. As a young pharmaceutical salesman, I carried that Colt for years all over some very rural areas in the low country of SC and a bit of Georgia.

I always felt very safe with it.

Reactions: Dstyles75
1 - 10 of 10 Posts