Colt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes I don't feel like tossing the old western gun belt and SAA on. On the occassions I want to go casual I can put a 1911 on however I didn't have a matching black holster that I could use. Until now, that is. Today I finished this holster for my 1911 sidearms.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Wow...impressive work...do u also take on work?
Thank you for sharing it
God Bless,John

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Rick

Nice work ! I am making one over the longer Holiday weekend just got in a Rock Island 1911 last week , thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow...impressive work...do u also take on work?
Thank you for sharing it
God Bless,John

No I am not at a professional level of skill yet. I just make them for me at this time. Thanks for asking though.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
No I am not at a professional level of skill yet. I just make them for me at this time. Thanks for asking though.
Well I would gladly have u do some work for me. I know how hard this work can be...God Bless,John

·
Registered
686 Posts
Switching to a narrow-blade (1/8" wide or so) benchtop bandsaw and away from the knife, will pay you dividends. Then a trip around the edges with the hand edger (though I do clean up the edge a bit with a Dremel sander in the company's shaper table), then polishing the dampened edge using a grooved spindle in a clamped-down battery drill, and you'll get the handsome edge finish you've always wanted :). State-of-the-art is a result, not the method; i.e, you don't need specialized equipment when you know what a primo result looks like.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Rick looks great! Just got my new Rock island and while hurricane dorian whipped on in i made this one... still have finish work stitching burning and so on. First time making a 1911 holster .Hell its only the second holster i ever made, will show finished product in a few days. The grips were given to me by a friend years ago ... being replaced real soon by a set i just purchased from a forum member.

1911 1.jpeg 1911 2.jpeg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts