Colt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, Colt forum thanks for the add it's awesome to be here.

At the moment I am on a long holiday in Cambodia and when I was traveling through the main cit Phnom Penh I came across an opportunity to go to some sort of military base and fire a huge arrangement of guns everything from AK, Colts to RPG's. This might seem kinda crazy to some of you guys due to being in a 3rd world country and then going to a military base to shoot off some rounds, I know it's not heard of in many other places all around the world. The thing is, in I'm from England and guns are illegal there so the chances are I will never get an opportunity like this again, I'm jumping on it.

What I need from you guys is anything that would help me when I go to this firing range. Things to keep me safe like these glasses Eye Protection Glasses for sale in UK | View 74 bargains or is there any way to know if the weapons I am firing are safe? I, for obvious reasons, feel a little nervous and was hoping you guys could calm my nerves so I just go out and do it.

Also, what are your thoughts on me firing an RPG?? This really seemed a little crazy to me but at the same time, f****** awesome. Thanks

pic4.jpg

·
Administrator
7,290 Posts
You'll have to rely on the locals to verify safety . Maybe inquire around town and get some feedback .

Personally I'd pass on the rpg .

Wear your shooting/safety glasses and muffs . Be safe and have fun .

·
Registered
735 Posts
The RPG is no big deal, but hearing and eye protection are a must. Having been on both ends of one, the blast where it hits is the more troublesome. Be sure you do not stand behind one either, like all rocket launcher and recoilless rifles there is a back blast area to avoid. Most likely you will be a bit disappointed with target effect from the automatic weapons. There is a lot of air between the bullets and around the targets and hits will not live up to Hollywood special effects.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Eyewear and earmuffs is a must that's good to know! I will check out the gun handling rules above and have a little ask around close by to see what others think. Back soon.

Thanks for the replies

·
Premium Member
3,892 Posts
Our oldest daughter went there this summer to do a medical mission, after graduating from University of Michigan Nursing School. She was already an Oncology Nurse, but she wanted her bachelor's degree. Anyways she went to killing fields, which I suggested that she miss. I had been in Cambodia when i was in Viet Nam, after we were supposed to be gone. I did not like it, still have bad dreams about it, and I did not want her to go. She sent my wife lots of photos which my wife knew not to show me.
Anyways have fun with what ever you choose. This is a chance that you do not always get, and WELCOME to the forum.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts