Colt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brand new to the forum. Just got my first Anaconda. Couple of questions:

I understand there were two different types of sights. How do I tell which ones I have?

The serial # is MM01968. Was it made in 1968?

The gun cycles well unloaded and with spent cases but appears to lock up with live ammo. I'm thinking of sending it to Colt for a tune up. Any issues w/Colt service?

I love my Python Elite. I'm thinking about asking Colt to take the finish from stainless to bright stainless like my Python. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
794 Posts
Hi bluefin. Welcome to the forum.

Your Anaconda is not from 1968. Colts didn't make them way back then! Yours was a 1st year production gun which I believe off the top of my head was 1991.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Woaw... I believe the first year for the Anaconda was 1990.
So, 1968 is not gonna work.

When you call Colt to set up your repair, you can ask them for the date of MFG.

Maybe someone else here can help with that date ?

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I think 1990 was the first year for the Anaconda and the next year they brought out the .45 Colt model.

Have you checked the live ammo for high primers? Are they reloads that haven't been fully resized and possibly to large at the case head? Are they heavy bullet loads and the long bullets may be a bit tight for the throats? Just a few casual questions before packing it up and shipping it to the factory.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Majic, I plan to go to the range today or tomorrow and when it jams, look for the culprit. I use re-loads w/240 gr TMJ that work just fine in my 629s. You would think if the spent cases cycle OK that the culprit would have to be high primers and the tolerances on my 629s are not as tight.

I'll also look at the cartridge/bullet length.

I love the gun and can't wait to get it in good working order.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts