Colt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am brand new to Colts. My previous handgun experience was on the job with a S&W 9mm (hated it that piece of junk) and a Glock 17 (never failed). My Colt purchase was to support the USS Texas and it is the commemorative model with the laser etching. It is beautiful and no, it is not for show. It was also not perfect from the factory. I had to send it back because the slide lock was jammed and I couldn't disassemble. Now I have it back and no more slide lock problems but I have had an issue I NEVER had with a Glock. I'm getting double feed jams and I'm ready to toss the Colt magazines. I don't get these jams with the CMC 10rd mags. When I settle in to firing, I like to work on my speed so I always shoot with multiple magazines for rapid reload.

The Colt is not for personal carry. I have a baby Glock for that so I'm not real twisted about the double feed jams. Is this a routine problem with the Colt or is it their magazines?

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Welcome aboard the Forum, BB35. Thanx for joining us. Sorry you had such trouble with your new Colt. I once carried a S&W M&P on the job and it proved to be not one of my favorties, either. As regards Colt magazines, I have always had Metalforms in my Colts and they've always performed flawlessly. Enjoy the Forum!

Reactions: BB35ColtTX
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.