Colt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First I'd like to thank Rimfire 22 for directing me over to this forum. Just purchased my first Colt Revolver yesterday. It's a Officers Model .22, 6" barrel, target sights serial 27xxx. I've run a few hundred rounds through it and she's a fine shooter. Very happy. I do have 2 other Classic Colts. A Model 1903 32acp of late 30's vintage and a model 1908 Vest pocket from around 1910. I recently found out that my Great Grandfather had worked for many years for Colt in Hartford Ct. until he retired sometime in the 50's. I have no other info on him other than that. It's a cool feeling to think that my GGFather may have had something to do with these fine firearms. As a big fan of revolvers, I figured it was time I got myself a Colt. Glad I did.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Welcome to the Forum.

I'm gonna get an Officer's Model one of these days.

Wish you could find out more about your great-grandfather's career at Colt.

That'd be something if he worked on your Colts.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the welcome. I wish I knew more about what my Great Grandfather did there. I do know that he worked for Colt all through the Depression, and through the Fourties anyway. That's about all I really know.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yup, It sure does. Mine has more wear, but they are definitly the same model. I've found a little more info on it, and I think mine would be refered to as a "third change"

1 - 7 of 7 Posts