Colt Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad is a Vietnam Veteran who was diagnosed with colon cancer in 2004. He is now 10 year surviver. In 2011 I started a Colt collection with a Colt 1911 Goverment (100 year roll mark) just like he had in the army for us to shoot together. 2012 I bought a Colt SP6920 M4. We both always wanted a Colt revolver but never got one.So to complete the collection and have fun shooting together I just purchased a Colt SAA online with an inspection return policy. It's a 3rd gen 1979 new in box, with original box. During research I see that early 3rd saa don't have removable cylinder bushings and may not be greatest quality. It's model P1650, 357 mag, 5.5 barrel, blue cch. I'm not sure if serial number is 1979 or 1980. SA201XXI bought it to shoot & keep in family, I'm just wondering what I should check for when I pick it up tomorrow & if it's a 1978 or 80. Thanks

·
Premium Member
12,527 Posts
Welcome to the Colt Forum! Congratulate your dad for his milestone. He and I must be from the same era and like him, I too, am a cancer survivor - 9 years for me this April. I love the fact that the two of you will shoot together; God bless you both. You will love the SAA!

·
Forum Friend
5,858 Posts
I think the only revolver I bought new was my K-22 in 1949 when nobody was concerned about possible problems in mfgr of Colts or S&Ws. Congrats you cancer survivors. I'm expecting to join you - after 5 months of chemo & radiation on-going for lymphoma.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Being a Vietnam Vet also my thoughts and prayers go out to your dad. Also to the other members with cancer. This is the greatest bunch with the most expertise I have ever found. He will love the SAA. There are no equal. Oh, welcome to the forum.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.