Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,554 Posts
Congratulations, it is not too late until they seal the casket.

Enjoy your new Pony.

Welcome to the forum.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
75 Posts
Good for you WPP....never too late to enjoy the American Icon! I'm 65 and have had them all my life...but still enjoy them. I have all 3 calibers...
9mm, .38 Super and .45. Still a big 38 Super fan too!

·
Premium Member
769 Posts
Welcome to the forum, you cna't have too many and it's never too late to start acquiring :)

Jim - Orlando

·
Registered
5,851 Posts
You will definetly enjoy your new Colt! That model is superb and I bought one about 1 1/2 years ago and I needed it like another hole in the head. I just love the Colt 1911 pistols for shooting fun!

·
Premium Member
942 Posts
Yes, welcome to the forum, and congratulations on getting your first Colt. The Series 80 is an excellent gun... you will not be disappointed!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
you guys have sure made me feel welcome here and I thank you, as soon as I find a way I will post a pick and a range report, that may be a wk cause I will be tied up for a few days.

·
Registered
26 Posts
You're gonna love your Colt I got a G.M. two years ago and it has been 100% reliable right from the start. I put a Nelson Custom 22 conversion on mine and enjoy it even more.

·
Registered
6,550 Posts
Welcome from another old guy!

Certain firearms are both historical and iconic. The Model O platform is one of the best. Of course this won't be your last. I see a Model P in your future! It's impossible to be our age and not want a "Cowboy Gun"!;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well, I?m 67 and bought my first Colt (Competition 1911) a couple of months ago. I absolutely love mine. Shot my first Colt while in the Navy about 47 years ago. I was about 150 pounds soaking wet then...the .45 was kind of intimidating for a 20 year old kid. But I qualified with it. I remember thinking it rattled a lot. I think the slide was fairly loose...ha!

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
My Series 80 I bought can shoot better than I can!
ALL of my guns can shoot better than I can! wpp, I'm doubly jealous; first because you have a super pistol but second because you are allowed to own it. :bang_wall:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts