Colt Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I should really appreciate opinions about this Colt SAA .45 Colt.... Good and bad...
When it comes to a Colt letter.... Shall I buy one... Again, grateful for your opinions....
Sorry for not so good pictures.... I did my best....

Best regards,
Stefan
Sweden

Attachments

·
Registered
126 Posts
Outstanding Colt. Yes, Yes, Yes I would get a Colt Letter. Did you find it in Sweden? Please tell us some of the story behind it, if you can. Inquiring minds want to know.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Very good photos of a excellent Colt!
If it were mine I would request a letter from
Colt. As asked above, any history of the gun? Are you going to shoot it?
You did well.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
A nice looking gun that appears to be original as manufactured. As to a letter it is up to you. Odds are it will show as shipped to a major wholesaler or large hardware store. Small odds it went someplace interesting but you never know.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Looks all original except for the hammer screw. Great barrel length and caliber. Odds are slim, but I have gotten some pleasant surprises with letters. Always worth a try, at least you will know more about your gun, right from the factory records.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Overall it's a decent looking gun. Wish that someone had laid off with the pliers in pulling the original cylinder pin (now replaced), but perhaps 50% of these show some damage here. Probably shipped in 1897-98. I'd get a letter.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sorry for late answer.... Corona times.... I want to say Thank you to everyone for the nice words and opinions about my Colt SAA....
I really appreciate it!

Best,
Stefan
Sweden

1 - 17 of 17 Posts