Colt Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at buying these two Rugers, one is a single six with 9.5 inch barrel (157121) and the other is a Blackhawk .357 with a 10 inch barrel (7610). Both have older sets of stag grips and neither has the transfer bar saftey. I am looking at buyig both of these and selling one of them. What I am wanting to know is the 357 a first year gun, is the 10 inch barrel correct for that serial number and what the approximate values are. I am really needing value help quick, I have to decide whether I am going to purchase or not before tomorrow morning.Thanks in advance,Stewy

Attachments

·
Registered
6,472 Posts
According to R.L. Wilson in Ruger & His Guns (1996) a total of about 1000 10" barreled .357 Blackhawks were made starting in 1959. The one you are looking at appears to be a 1957 gun. Perhaps someone (RR?) with better information can shed some more light on the subject.

·
Premium Member
3,796 Posts
Well it is way too early to be right.......

BUT then I once bought a 7 1/2 44 flat top that was also too early in the range....

It lettered as a factory second with 2 ship dates...the first time as a 6 1/2 and the second as a 7 1/2 :cool: :cool: :cool:

So what I am saying is it probably not right like 99.9 %......BUT you have a .1% that it is correct.....sorry that I can't say 100%.....RR.

PS the stags are nice but definitely NOT FACTORY as I am sure you know.....

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the input guys, my intention was to buy the pair and resale the 357. I have passed on buying them I don't want to try to sale a mismatched gun. I offered to buy just the 22 but the seller doesn't want to split them up. If anyone is interested in them send me a pm and I'll gladly give you the sellers information.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I posted it on the Ruger forum also, got one reply. I am very grateful for all the folks on this forum that are willing to take the time to share their knowledge and experience. As always you guys are awesome.Thanks,Stewy

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.