Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
That turned out great !! I knew the right guy got that barrel!!

·
Registered
670 Posts
+2 on the round butt. I would like to do that to my New Police butt that I just cut down, except the grips won't allow it. It has the style where the checkering goes all the way down to bottom border. Instead I think I will make a pair of Diamond Rosewood stocks and round their edges to approximate a rounder butt. Nice work Twaits.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I am very interested in following Twaits' lead once again. I believe Fitz were initially made from Police Positive cutting the 4" barrel along with the other modifications. Later Colt New Services were used as the Colt M1917. What are the thoughts on making this in 45 acp? I am just in the finding out phase at this point but planning it for a summer project since it gets so freakin toasty in AZ it would be a great indoor project. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Forum Friend
5,858 Posts
Great job. Now on my third New Service "semi Fitz" (without trigger guard and trigger rework -- yet) I know what it took you to get from before to after. My first two, .45ACP & a .45 Colt. Latest is a 1917 frame I put a 1909 cylinder in, so far parts from four guns. Keep up the good work - next do a neat little NS in .45ACP!

·
Registered
10,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Didn't John Henry Fitzgerald carry two .45 ACP Fitzed New Services in leather lined pockets of his coat?

·
Registered
10,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Very cool, I really like the rounded butt. The fitz is getting to be real
popular on the Forum. Shot it yet?
Have not shot it since doing the mods. I just finished it this afternoon. I shot it a few weeks ago before I cut it up. It shot pretty good.

·
Registered
10,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
+2 on the round butt. I would like to do that to my New Police butt that I just cut down, except the grips won't allow it. It has the style where the checkering goes all the way down to bottom border. Instead I think I will make a pair of Diamond Rosewood stocks and round their edges to approximate a rounder butt. Nice work Twaits.
Yeah the "C" grips look really good rounded. It looks like it was made that way. The ones on this gun arent original hard rubber but vintage gun grips repros. I think you can get the stylized "C" grip repros for your New Police. That's the same grip frame as a Police Positive I think.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Awesome looking Fitz Special twaits!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts