1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
wow...that is so weird....thank u for sharing it....God Bless,John

·
Registered
10,823 Posts
I don't know, it doesn't seem small enough to make it worth it. For the extra time it takes to get into action I'd rather just pull a pistol from a holster that is all ready to go.
You...out of the logic pool! You're making too much sense. This is just more evidence that because you can make something it doesn't automatically follow it has any practical, real world use. There will always be some who will buy it just because.

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
I just don't understand the whole "hip carry" of it.

Why not just holster a regular gun???

Reactions: krag96 and ei8ht

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Guy that developed it is from the Austin Texas area. I was at one of my LGS and he and his partner walked in to talk to the LGS worker and owner said he is not interested. He asked why and worker sad we have no clients for that gun.

As mentioned above someone will buy it.

·
Premium Member
7,824 Posts
... is that a folded up Glock in your pocket... or are you just glad to see me??
:)

To me, Glock has the folding gun already defeated with their compatible high capacity magazines. Carry a “baby Glock” 26 with Standard mag that’s more concealable and ready to go and pack a compatible high cap backup mag if needed or felt necessary. $500 versus $1100 also.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just opinion but I would not have one because they created an opening in the action easily filled by debris. Gun companies make guns pretty much sealed up because they know you carry them far more than you shoot them. This set up opens the feed system to catch whatever comes it' way.

·
Premium Member
7,824 Posts
459’s comment about the debris is accurate in my opinion. Often pocketed and carried, they pick up lint. Side story but true... and painful. It makes me cringe to think about it. A friend of mine carried (operative word is past tense) his pocket gun not in any sort of pocket holster or anything, and would occasionally lock open the slide and blow out the lint. Well. Actually managed to bump the slide lock one time and the slide slammed closed and caought his bottom lip. Sent him running to the bathroom mirror with an LCP dangling from his lip. Oh yes . The pain. I’m glad that I can only imagine. I did not witness this.
I don’t know how he did not manage to lose some teeth or at least require some stitches .. and/or invoke a scar out of this.. , but he’s got a pocket holster now and avoids lips and mouths.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I own a few Glocks but....I'd much rather have a bunch of "folded up Benjamins in my wallet.
That thing kind of made my head hurt.

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
Hmmmmm.
Cute, like a range toy.
Impractical, like a rubber crutch.
Perhaps a manifestation of a bad dream.
Some goofy bleep that popped into a Glock engineer's imagination whilst asleep and totally unconscious.
It could happen to anyone, I s'pose.

·
Registered
130 Posts
A friend of mine carried (operative word is past tense) his pocket gun not in any sort of pocket holster or anything, and would occasionally lock open the slide and blow out the lint. Well. Actually managed to bump the slide lock one time and the slide slammed closed and caought his bottom lip. Sent him running to the bathroom mirror with an LCP dangling from his lip.
A video of this would be priceless !! Almost as good as the video we all watched of the DEA agent who shot himself in the foot while "instructing" a classroom on firearm safety.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Seems to be more of a novelty item than anything to me as I don't see the application for it. It does seem to be an interesting piece of engineering.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts