Colt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings!

A LGS has an almost unfired Colt Detective Special in .32 Colt New Police (aka .32 S&W Long). I assume it is late 60's or early 70's because it has the short "Agent" grip frame with the extended walnut panels, but pre-dates the shrouded ejector rod barrel redesign. What would good typical price for this gun?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
6,206 Posts
They are rare and historically so was demand, that may not be the case today with discontinued mint double action Colts that may never see production again. They seldom come up for sale as much as the very common 38 special again because of low demand when produced. Colt sold these up to the mid-70's and the 32 never was offered with a shrouded barrel. If I were to guess, they might ask as much as a 38 special chambered gun of which you can look at the auction sites and see what people are actually bidding on them or $5-600.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the input!

The LGS has it on consignment for $795, down from the original $895. Its been there since April, so this is probably the reason.

Regards,

Hunter

·
Premium Member
1,453 Posts
I recently worked a trade for one in mint un-fired condition (no box or paperwork). Seller wanted $900. I got it for a total investment of $750.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts