Colt Forum banner

21 - 40 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong folks, but the M 357 is listed under the Trooper Model and .357 Model in the Poofhouse listings. And if I read this correctly it means that your gun is made in either 1959 or 1960.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
My mistake, I misread your serial number, sorry.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Re: For DOB ( Date of Birth) Questions , Please Lo

[ QUOTE ]
saweeet!
I've been wondering the DOB of my Trooper III since i bought it many years ago

[/ QUOTE ]

What is the date ? Let's see a picture!
Mike

ps here's my '72 Mark III

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

I've just bought an Colt Python.
The manufacturing dates just go to 1985 (T3XXXXX).
I live in the Netherlands and don't know how to call Colt.
Does somebody have an e-mailadress from Colt?
My serial# starts with T6XXXXX.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Sander

·
Registered
4 Posts
R suffix serial numbers....

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but is 1978 the only year for a "R" suffix serial number? I`m kind of curious, as two of my three are R`s.

·
The Searcher
11,101 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Presuming you mean Police Positive Specials and/or Detective Specials, it would be 1977 and 1978. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Oops! I ment to mention that the guns in question were Diamondbacks. Guess I thought you guys were mind readers!:D Thanks for the welcome, and I thank you folks for the wealth of knowledge on your site.

·
The Searcher
11,101 Posts
In which case I presume you mean R prefix, but the answer is still the same. There is apparently a transcription error in Proofhouse.com and the fact that Diamondback R prefix serials started in 1977 with R01001 is not shown. :cool:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yep, prefix! Can ya tell it`s been 35 years since I`ve been in school? Anyhow, I guess it makes my 2.5 inch .38 and my 4 inch .22LR vintage `78. Thanks again for the info! Once I figure out how to post pix here, I`ll show you my humble collection.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Colt 4" Diamondback .22

I just purchased a Colt 4" diamondback revolver in .22lr. The revolver look like it is 95-98% beautiful blue finish and has the original walnut checkered grips with the Colt gold medalions. No box or papers however, but it sure look purty.

I paid $650.00 from the dealer and I plan on using it as a shooter. In fact, just after I
purchased it I shot about 18 rounds out of it and no problems and it shot to the point of
aim just fine in both single and double action.

I plan on using this as a shooter and I am not that famliar with Colt revolvers and wonder if
there is anything I should watch for or parts that may wear out prematurely.

Also I checked the website at Colt and they no longer make the Colt Diamondback so I would imagine parts would be on the second hand market.

Alster

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
alster,
If you properly clean and look after your Diamondback .22 it should last a lifetime.22 ammo can be on the dirty side so don't be shy with the Hoppes and cleaning patches!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mine was born in 1968. Thanks for the link & info.

I've attached two pics with more detail...

I also inspected the area under the grips... No LEO markings. I'm pretty sure I got it from the original owner (deceased now).

·
Registered
22 Posts
Please take a look at the "Officers Model Special" numbers and help me figure this out. There are two groups of numbers for 1949 and 1950?

What year would mine fall into being 61,XXX?

Thanks

·
Registered
24 Posts
trooper e-nic

hi guys was woundering if u can tell me anything bout a trooper MKIII i just bought ser. #22xx6U....is there any way to know if this is a custom shop gun?......has a E-NIC finish

21 - 40 of 148 Posts