·
Administrator
7,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
16 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Thank you for looking here first . Please check these sources for your DOB questions .

www.proofhouse.com for general Colt date info

Info is also available from Colt at 1-800-962-COLT

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for the link. Unfortunatly there is no listing for the Defender Lightweight .45 Any other directions I might look?

SouthCentral

·
The Searcher
11,097 Posts
Re: For DOB ( Date of Birth) Questions , Please Lo

Try the call Colt at 1-800-962-COLT direction. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

·
Registered
11 Posts
thanks so much for that info -- i've been looking all day for that --al

Reactions: ei8ht

·
Registered
24 Posts
call and ask

I called Colt the other day and got some guy on the phone. I told him my model and SN. He put me on hold for about 2 min. and I had the answer.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ok Proofhouse does not help at all and I called the number listed 3 times and got busy signals. ANy help wouled be appreciated on this Delta Elite S/N:DE24651

tex

·
Registered
27 Posts
Colt 1991 A1 compact model

I have a Colt M1991 A1 and it states Compact model on opposite side. The serial # is CP 113xx. Anyone have any idea on Date of manufacture ? I am looking to get a manual as well for this

·
Registered
44 Posts
Fast customer service !!!

I just called Colt customer serviceand they gave me the build date and are sending me an owners manual at no charge for a 1991-A1 I just bought. I was never even put on hold. All I did was ask, and she said no problem. She was very polite, friendly and even asked if there was anything else she could help me with. My 1st experience with Colt's service, and I'm very impressed.

Very good service for sure.
Gearchecker

·
Registered
1 Posts
My late father left me with a colt 32acp hammerless pistol with serial no. 62XXXX. It is a stainless steel pistol with ivory grip. Any idea as to the date of manufacture? Thanks in advance for any

·
Registered
18 Posts
Dob

[ QUOTE ]
Thank you for looking here first . Please check these sources for your DOB questions .

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for the link. Unfortunatly there is no listing for the Defender Lightweight .45 Any other directions I might look?

SouthCentral
I've looked at all the online sources. I'll call colt

·
Registered
22 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
I checked three Colts on the phone at one time...."He" was curtious and generous and fast. They only gave me the date of manufacture....but then again, that's all I was after. Kudo's to the Colt Service Reps! Sarah

·
Registered
5 Posts
i called. was told it was a 2000... however, most seem to agree mine is an xs, and i consistantly read they were made no later then 1999... soo.... idk.

·
Registered
263 Posts

Thank you. This is very helpful. I found the date for my Mark III Trooper 357 but they have no listings for Colt Government Model 380 SAs. :( I'm pricing one right now to make sure I'm bidding reasonably and can't identify the serial number shown on the pictures. Colt 380_2.jpg Colt 380_5.jpg

·
Registered
2 Posts
My experience w/ Colt Customer Service, regarding DOB, of my recently acquired Combat Commander, was not very helpful IMHO.

I have a Combat Commander, w/ a 70BS30xx. Looking at proofhouse.com chart, I believe my Colt is from 1970 - 1972 (70BS01001 - 70BS06501). The leading "0" is confusing:bang_wall:.

Since I couldn't pinpoint the exact year, I called Colt C/S, and finally got thru & t/t Rick, after 3-days trying. Gave my serial # & he returned telling me, my pistol was made "approximately 1975." But, he didn't seem to sure of himself. I mentioned "Proofhouse", stating "My Commander appears to fall within '70 - '72 range." His reply, "If you want to confirm it, you can request the Archive letter, for $100 buck." He seem 'taken a back' by my questioning his response. :confused:

I believe my Combat Commander was made in the '70 - 72 range. I'll pick "1971" since its right in the middle.;)

My experience was not the best. Otherwise, Colt firearms are top notch. I have four in my collection. (Agent, w/ hammer shroud (2nd version), SS Gov't .380, Argentine Contract 1927 & now, .9mm Combat Commander)

·
Registered
837 Posts
My experience w/ Colt Customer Service, regarding DOB, of my recently acquired Combat Commander, was not very helpful IMHO.

I have a Combat Commander, w/ a 70BS30xx. Looking at proofhouse.com chart, I believe my Colt is from 1970 - 1972 (70BS01001 - 70BS06501). The leading "0" is confusing:bang_wall:.

Since I couldn't pinpoint the exact year, I called Colt C/S, and finally got thru & t/t Rick, after 3-days trying. Gave my serial # & he returned telling me, my pistol was made "approximately 1975." But, he didn't seem to sure of himself. I mentioned "Proofhouse", stating "My Commander appears to fall within '70 - '72 range." His reply, "If you want to confirm it, you can request the Archive letter, for $100 buck." He seem 'taken a back' by my questioning his response. :confused:

I believe my Combat Commander was made in the '70 - 72 range. I'll pick "1971" since its right in the middle.;)

My experience was not the best. Otherwise, Colt firearms are top notch. I have four in my collection. (Agent, w/ hammer shroud (2nd version), SS Gov't .380, Argentine Contract 1927 & now, .9mm Combat Commander)
Wilson puts your gun in 1971 according to the partial serial you provided. An early Combat example. Welcome to the forum.

J

·
Registered
132 Posts
Smith and Wesson Form does not seem to have the problems that I am seeing on this site.

It is new, but how new? Colt Gov series 70 #71B7261

Show me what you can do.

And yes I tried the other sites and I not going to waste time waiting on hold.

Centag

·
Registered
132 Posts
Should have looked for it before I asked.

My Colt Agent is 1st issue 1961
My Colt Detective Special is 5th issue, some time after 1993-94

Did not think to look up the Python.

And I will take that suggestion to call Colt directly about ordering a letter for the King Cobra to document the BSTS and enhancement package. I am not sure if DS is nickel or a BSTS. To me looks like the latter but I have not found any mention of it being made other than in blue and nickel. I'll ask when I call.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts