Colt Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
John,
I saw your post wanting a FSS. :eek: Good luck,:bang_wall: in the meantime you can download these pictures so you won't forget what they look like until you find one;)

·
Registered
737 Posts
Yea, yea, but, where is the 5&1/2" nickeled? O.K.,O.K., so I'm sour grapes, it's just 'cause I'm so jealous! Man, beautiful pieces thanks for sharing. For now,I have to be comforted by my 44-40 New Frontier, it's the onlyest 44-40 I gots. Nick

·
Registered
791 Posts
That's just so wrong :)

·
Registered
12,832 Posts
Yeahh, those are okay...but I'm holding out for one which is a Factory Nickel Lettered "Ejector-less", 7-1/2 inch Barrel with a 'Simmonds Hardware' Provenance.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea, yea, but, where is the 5&1/2" nickeled? O.K.,O.K., so I'm sour grapes, it's just 'cause I'm so jealous! Man, beautiful pieces thanks for sharing. For now,I have to be comforted by my 44-40 New Frontier, it's the onlyest 44-40 I gots. Nick
That's the one I'm looking for!:bang_wall:

·
Registered
925 Posts
Man, that's just not right! Your gonna cause that man to loose sleep;)Those are some beautiful guns:D Here's the 5.5" Nickel, and the Sheriff(even though some don't believe on the Sheriff). I finally bought the FSS that had been with my 1873 since 1889. Not trying to steal the thread, just wanted to add to it!

Attachments

·
Registered
9,550 Posts
I think there's only 2001 of those Centennial .44-40's. Not sure if that includes the ones boxed with the blued .45. this fine sixgun is one of the last ones.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
John ain't the only one drooling.

Buck

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
In 1973 Colt made two versions of SAA's to celebrate their "Centennial". There were 1501 caliber 45 Colt with 7 1/2" bbls, blue & case, black powder frame, one piece wood grips, 1501 caliber 44-40 with 7 1/2" bbls, nickel plated, black powder frame and black Eagle grips, and 501 cased pairs of each one. These are the only 2nd generation guns made with the black powder frame.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts