Colt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm running this ad for a friend that hates computers.
He wants to sell his 1959 Whitney Wolverine. Like new condition. I'd say 99+%
Price is $750.
Don't email me. Just call Joe in Livermore, CA 925-443-3091

·
Registered
153 Posts
I'm sure it's not a Colt, not even close.
IP

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kennedy:
what is a whitney wolverine? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
It was a very streamlined looking semi-auto .22 introduced in mid 50's and discontinuued in early 60's,by an independent company.Company was based in Hartford,and the founder might have been a former Colt(?) engineer. Alloy frame,most were blued,rare ones are nickle. It was NOT a "Saturday Night Special" ala Raven or Jennings,but had adjustable sights. I guess they couldn't compete with Colt,Hi-Standard,and especially their other Connecticut neighbor,Strum Ruger. They are collectible,but you have to find a "dedicated collector". Article,in one of the gun annuals,I think,few years ago about them. Thats all I can recall,as last one i saw was at a shooting range in the mid 60's,and I can't recall anything outstanding or dismal about its performance vs. the other semi auto target guns there. Bud

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Lonewolf summed it up well. They were OK guns, but just couldn't hack the competition, and the futuristic look may have worked against them. I see them at gun shows occasionally, usually in the $300-$400.00 range, depending on condition, and there doesn't seem to be much of a market. I was tempted by a NIB, at 425.00 last winter, but passed.

·
Premium Member
9,469 Posts
I fell in love as a teenager with the Whitney when they were introduced. They looked like a ray gun, and I liked their looks. I have a nice one in the box, and would buy another at the right price. However, $750 is not the right price. $400 to $500 is more like it, depending on condition of the box and papers, etc..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts