Colt Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10,823 Posts
It will take a big pocket to carry that...or use it as an expensive boat anchor.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
But can it core a apple, oh Chef of the Future?

·
Registered
10,823 Posts
Reactions: ei8ht and wolfcoln

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
amazon is anti-gun

And so is the Toronto Star (Torstar).

Who's the Toronto Star?

It's an anti-gun Canadian newspaper who owns a 56% share of Verticalscope.

Who's Verticalscope?

Verticalscope is the owner of The Colt Forum.

https://www.thestar.com/business/2015/07/29/torstar-buys-stake-in-digital-media-company.html

"With more than 80 million unique visitors and more than 500 million page views a month, VerticalScope’s websites offer advertisers access to large audiences, Torstar said."

"The investment will help diversify Torstar’s revenues, reducing its dependence on the Canadian economy, Holland told analysts, noting most of VerticalScope’s revenue comes from the U.S."

Reactions: ei8ht

·
Forum Friend
5,858 Posts
In Germany about 1948, cutlery was ohe of the few things, being manufactured, seen for sale in shops. I boutght a huge number of pocket knives at 5 marks apiece or less, the mark worth about 25 cents. Great Germany quality they made great gifts when I came home. Also harmonicas, I bought several of them but now both are only fond memories ---->

·
Registered
104 Posts
And so is the Toronto Star (Torstar).

Who's the Toronto Star?

It's an anti-gun Canadian newspaper who owns a 56% share of Verticalscope.

Who's Verticalscope?

Verticalscope is the owner of The Colt Forum.

https://www.thestar.com/business/2015/07/29/torstar-buys-stake-in-digital-media-company.html

"With more than 80 million unique visitors and more than 500 million page views a month, VerticalScope’s websites offer advertisers access to large audiences, Torstar said."

"The investment will help diversify Torstar’s revenues, reducing its dependence on the Canadian economy, Holland told analysts, noting most of VerticalScope’s revenue comes from the U.S."

and here I am a supporting member; never again.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I was just given a Santa Fe Stoneworks folding knife as a retirement gift. Damascus blade and the handle is Wooly Mommoth tooth. Looking at a 25000 year old handle makes me feel young again.

·
Registered
6,550 Posts
I thought I show what a $10,000.00 Randall looks like. This Model #12-8" Big Bear is "Africa" from the late Tom Leschorn's "Continents" Series. Tom is legendary among Randall collectors. He engraved the nickel silver, inlayed and carved the ivory cameo inlays and he carved hid trademark oak leaves in the Brazilian Rosewood handle. He considered the "Continents" to be his master work.

This Randall Model #12-6" Little Bear sold for $7,500.00 and features a .999 pure silver double lugged hilt, collar and butt cap. The hardware was masterfully engraved and gold inlayed by Ron Skaggs. The handle is an exceptional and rare piece of blue fossil Mammoth ivory. The sheath is Sullivan's Alligator tail custom.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Caveat Emptor -- there was one of those Swiss Army knives on the "Storage Wars" TV show recently -- guy had it appraised at $1300, and sold it for $500...

·
Registered
130 Posts
Those Randall Knives are simply beautiful. Weird thing is I've been collecting knives for over a dozen years (bought close to 50 knives/swords of all types), lived in Florida for 42 years before moving to Colorado - and still have no Randall Knives. I'm gonna have to take a look to see if something from Randall fits my collection. As far as the OP's knife post - that one is not my cup of tea.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts