Colt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,079 Posts
Great knives! I have a pile of Randalls I will dig out for some pictures.....this time last week I was cleaning sockeye salmon on the Kenai River with my red handled #10....the Randalls and Colts go on all my adventures.

·
Registered
10,009 Posts
I only have one, myself - a Model 1 that I'd bought after I'd sold my Model 15 to my medic in order to afford it - back when an APO and unit designator really sped up the process in Orlando.

It's got a stainless blade and black linen micarta handle, and it's been everywhere an American soldier can be sent that's difficult to spell for the past few decades - and it's done its job, while looking good doing it.

Was issued a Gerber - mine's got an etched serial number, and was blued with the little bottle of cold blue they furnished 'way back when'.

I like the Barry Wood folders, but use a Puma 914, mostly.

·
Forum Friend
5,858 Posts
Nothing but oldies ---I'm not really a 'knife person' but I do have three I like. The first one by family tradition was captured in the Civil War and spent the rest of the 1800s butchering hogs. It has no markings.

Second one is marked 'Westa - London'. Got it in a trade.

Third one, also a trader, marked 'Tiffany', probably more important to Tiffany collectors than knife folk.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Great looking knives! The Randalls are simply awesome and RHMC, I'm betting that Tiffany blade would appraise for a pretty penny were you to get to a place like the Antiques Roadshow or similar.

I recently purchased my first Randall and was amazed at the quality and heft of it. I was also stricken with the same problem posed by a beautiful Python. Too pretty and too valuable to use!

·
Premium Member
4,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
This here knife has a rather interesting story. It was made by an Alaskan oilfield worker sometime in the mid to late 70's. He claimed to have a chunk of meteorite and he put some of that in with his other metal when making knives. I don't know about the outer space connection, but I do know this is one tough knife, razor sharp and my favorite. 11 1/2 inches overall and perfectly balanced. It was given to me by an uncle from AK in the early 80's. I'd give away my Randalls before parting with this one. It used to go with me on all my adventures, but since I rarely have adventures anymore it's retired to a safe-the only knife I own so bestowed. click to enlarge

Knife Cold weapon Hunting knife Blade Bowie knife

1 - 20 of 75 Posts