Colt Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found a 6\" Python today

So, my buddy and I are out today to buy a new gun safe for me.
On the way home he tells me that he thinks one of the local pawn/gun shops has a 6" Python but he doesn't recall much else about it.
We stop and yes, there it is in the case wearing a set of ugly wood bullseye target grips.They don't have the originals. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
The gun itself is in fine shape. Locks up tight each chamber. Only a slight "ding" on the front sight blade.
They are asking $995.95 and after a little talking they come down to $850.00 and I buy it.
It's what I was looking for and at the price I was willing to go.
A lookup of the serial number (E89XXX) shows it was mfg. in 1975.
It cleaned up real nice. I smoothed out the "ding" and cold blued it. Looks good.
Now all I need is a set of Python grips.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Re: Found a 6\" Python today

What no pics? I'd love to find an old Python. Back years ago a buddy of mine had a 6" SS highly polished Python. Beautiful piece. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

[ QUOTE ]
What no pics?

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's the Python sans the ugly grips that came on it. They were too bad to even photograph. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

·
Registered
6,947 Posts

Looks like it is in good shape. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Keep an eye on e-bay. Python stocks are on there all they time, but you must be willing to pay $$ for good condition.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts

Pictures of a naked Python... YIKES !!!

Mint vintage Python Grips/stocks are bringing in the $150-$200 range. Good luck on the hunt.
Nice gun.

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

·
Registered
4,102 Posts

Nice revolver and extra nice touch including the Serpentine patch in the pic.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

·
The Searcher
11,097 Posts

One thing leads to another. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif Nice find. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

1 - 10 of 10 Posts