Colt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Couldn't believe my luck. Original finish, in very good condtion both mechanically and cosmetically. 6 5/8" barrel. Serial number is 60XXX so a date of birth around 1930(ish). Also the original box. Found it Monday in one of my two favorite local gunshops. They had $850 on the price tag, but came down to $750 for me. It's on layaway and I need to work some overtime events, but they'll hold it until the end of August. One of the advantages of being a good customer and the business not being owned by a massive international corporation.

I tried walking away from it, but I kept thinking about it so today I walked in to see if it was still there. It was so it is meant to be I guess. The owner grinned when he saw me walk back in. He knew I was going to return. He knew because I'm one of his customers who is crazy for the old ones.

Anyway I'm very pleased. I've secretly wanted a Woodsman in my collection. I'm mostly about revolvers, but not always. Hey it's a Woodsman.

·
Premium Member
7,790 Posts
Any Colt that they don't make anymore, is going up in value. When it's all original - original box and in mint condition and about 80 years old- it may leap in value with the aid of collectors and internet. Of course, who cares... Who wants to sell a masterpiece... Great find!

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Any Colt that they don't make anymore, is going up in value. When it's all original - original box and in mint condition and about 80 years old- it may leap in value with the aid of collectors and internet. Of course, who cares... Who wants to sell a masterpiece... Great find!
Very true. I had a friend yesterday tell me that for $750 I could buy a brand new revolver (instead of an old gun for which there are little to no parts) and perhaps something else with the change. I told him that yes it is a lot of money (neither of us are wealthy and $750 is like $3,000 for a rich man) and it is an old gun, but it's a great old gun and they aren't being made anymore. He doesn't get it and I can't explain it to him. Besides I already own a Browning Buckmark so I have a "new" 22 pistol.

·
Registered
26 Posts
That's a beautiful pistol Checkman, and I advise you to wipe it down with a silicone cloth quickly (sorry, I drooled a little bit on my PC screen):)

Bill

·
Registered
6,262 Posts
Wow, what a nice one, you'll have a lifetime of pride owning that. Woodsman's have always been expensive pistols, because they are so nice. You have the Rolex of .22s now, much better than a modern gun.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts