Colt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
I found this flap holster at a local antique shop for $5 last weekend. This holster fits my .32 Police Positive almost perfect, so I'm guessing that it was made for this revolver. Other than it being dusty and dirty, it was in decent shape and it cleaned up nice. I have no clue how old this is, or who might have made it, so if any one has any clues, please let me know.
Thanks
Mark
Front

Back, the only markings I can see, I think (first number not easy to read) reads "450", but I could be wrong. The markings are on the belt loop.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm glad to have found it, that's for certain.

·
Registered
12,832 Posts
Probably 1920s, 1930s...nice find!

These were not always marked with a Manufacturer or Maker, even when made by well known Companies or outfits...and or were typically sold in Hardware or Sporting Goods Stores or General Merchandise Stores, for a lesser Price, than 'Brand Name' Models.

The Belt Loop of this style, tends to be a little fragile sometimes, by now...being eighty or ninety years old and fairly minimal to begin with strength-width-wise and so on.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The leather is in good shape on this one. I'd love for it to be on 1920-1930s vintage. I know that this type of holster has been around for quite some time. In a way it is similar to a "Sam Brown" holster. Thanks for checking it out.
Mark

1 - 6 of 6 Posts