Colt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my way home from the range I usually stop by the local library. We have a section where folks donate books and the library sells them to get extra money to buy new books for the library shelves. I usually find something in the history section that I purchase. Today there was nothing that interested me in the spots I normally look. As I turned to go I caught sight of a book in the sporting section. It was "FAST AND FANCY REVOLVER SHOOTING" by Ed McGivern. Picked it uo and paid the $0.50 to the lady at the library. I have always meant to read it so I figured now was a good time. Got it home and decided to see what a copy cost nowadays. Went to Amazon.com and just about crapped my pants when I saw what a hardback copy cost. The price was $136.00. Guess I will be keeping this one!

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I just purchased a copy of the 1984 reprint commemoration of the same book and thought I got a deal at 35$. I did get a deal, the book is pristine and hard cover with dust cover intact. Kudos to all of us!!!!

·
Registered
6,410 Posts
Hot DOG! Another chance to show off this magnificent and ultra rare .357 Registered Magnum. You'll find this exact gun pictured on page 466 of your book. No one knows how it got there. S&W didn't take the photos and the .357 has been in the Howell family since it was delivered to C. H. Howell, Chief Engineer, Los Angeles County Flood Control District in 1936.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
I just purchased a copy of the 1984 reprint commemoration of the same book and thought I got a deal at 35$. I did get a deal, the book is pristine and hard cover with dust cover intact. Kudos to all of us!!!!
I have a copy of the "Anniversary Edition" that I picked up somewhere. It is pristine but lacking the dust jacket.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I had to laugh when I saw you had another chance to show off the Kornbrath Registered Magnum, Rick. But that’s a gun I’ll never tire of seeing. The best RM ever! Keep showing!

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
I found a original copy of Ed's " Fast and fancy revolver shooting" as well, in a thrift shop 30 years ago, maybe paid 5 bucks, just found it again in my musty stacks of books couple of days ago. Its a really fun and still instructive read. Some of Ed's shooting records still stand I believe.

If you are a revolver guy its still well worth reading.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts