Colt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'll buy interesting rigs if the price is right. I picked up this lefty Safariland fast draw rig and have to say the lines and contour are really great. I made the mistake of taking for granted it was for a 4 3/4" Colt but it's for a short Ruger Blackhawk in .357. I do have a 6 1/2" Ruger old model, but I'm cool with this rig. I'll study it for a while and then maybe offer it for sale over at Ruger forum for a profit. The rig is like new and cost $70 shipped. It also fits me perfect. I reversed the direction of that holster buckle and added a tie down later. This rig has a very sturdy look but is actually very lightweight due to the thin lining. The holster is metal lined.

·
Registered
701 Posts
That particular Safari was added to the line during John Michler's stint there, after leaving Bianchi on unsavoury terms. Which is why it's so much more "bianchi" than "safariland" in its styling and construction details. The holster strap is meant to be reversed: the point to the rear, and there should be a leg thong through the muzzle of the holster and the skirt behind it, to match the latigo used for the hammer thong.

·
Registered
9,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That particular Safari was added to the line during John Michler's stint there, after leaving Bianchi on unsavoury terms. Which is why it's so much more "bianchi" than "safariland" in its styling and construction details. The holster strap is meant to be reversed: the point to the rear, and there should be a leg thong through the muzzle of the holster and the skirt behind it, to match the latigo used for the hammer thong.
That is great info. I assumed this holster was missing the leg tie down but when I got it there was no holes in the backskirt or the holster for one. So I punched holes in the backskirt and just through the outer layer of the holster and put one on. It's not visable inside the holster. My only complaint is that the thin lining seperates on the edge of the holster when the guns cylinder bumps it going in. But it looks like Bianchi's loss was Safariland's gain on this rig. Hey. I just remembred. I have a bianchi rig similar to this with a lined holster but an unlined belt. Found it in a pawn shop when on jury duty here in Sacramento. I'll dig it up and compare them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.