Colt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This gun came from the Fox motion picture studios armory in West Los Angeles. It was aquired by a LAPD officer with a large amount of other arms from the armory in 1987. I have a letter to that effect, but it is not clear whether the Bankers Special was LAPD property or the individual officer's. At any rate, it probably "starred" in a few 20th Century Fox films.

Attachments

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I should letter it. Right now I've got a half dozen others that deserve letters too.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I tried using a white background for the first time and they turned out so dark that instead of a redo I just used my PC's correction feature. End result, crappy pics.Anyway, original finish, some high edge wear but no real blemishes. Now I need to do some research on what old films it could have been in.

·
Registered
7,258 Posts
I tried using a white background for the first time and they turned out so dark that instead of a redo I just used my PC's correction feature. End result, crappy pics.Anyway, original finish, some high edge wear but no real blemishes. Now I need to do some research on what old films it could have been in.
Bushwacker I apologize. Your pictures are better than mine. I think Hop's are better than yours.

At any rate I really like that gun.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Wow that is nice, thanks for sharing.
Are the front sights on the .22s lower that the CF calibers or is it just my eyes?
Nice gun, congratulations.
Frank

·
Registered
7,258 Posts
Are the front sights on the .22s lower that the CF calibers or is it just my eyes?
You're seeing it right, 22lr front sights are lower than the B.S. in 38 NP.
I've noticed the same thing with post war 32 NP Detective Specials and Cobras compared to their 38 Special ones. The 32 cal front sight is made slightly lower than the 38 Special front sights.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
You're seeing it right, 22lr front sights are lower than the B.S. in 38 NP.
I've noticed the same thing with post war 32 NP Detective Specials and Cobras compared to their 38 Special ones. The 32 cal front sight is made slightly lower than the 38 Special front sights.

Thanks.

That is a very nice gun.

Bushwacker, congratulations, that is nice!
Frank

1 - 14 of 14 Posts