Colt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brand new Colt king cobra with the less than 50 rounds through it. After shooting it I decided to clean it and notice the scratch on the bottom and I thought how did I do that. I went up further behind the cylinder towards the trigger and noticed another scratch. That is not a scratch as it is fractured all the way to the other side of the frame. My camera is not that good so these photos are okay but when you rub your fingernail on the one right next to the trigger you can feel your fingernails stop. I think I am lucky this did not blow up in my face. Thanks for your time. The pistol is less than 3 months old and I will be taking it back where I purchased it on Tuesday as they are off on Mondays.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I saw the pictures from the side but when you look straight down at the trigger do you see the one on the left hand side that is at an angle and it catches your fingernail because it is ragged on the edges. Even if it was supposed to be there I would have noticed it when it was new and I would have passed. That being said I am going to the dealer that I got it from on Tuesday and I can give you a report at that time. I will try to get a better picture I am just not getting enough bright light around here.

·
Registered
12,641 Posts
That is the side plate seam. It looks like the side plate screw might have loosened up allowing the plate to be slightly misaligned.

·
Premium Member
6,294 Posts
Hello and welcome to the Colt Forum from West Virginia. Glad you have joined us all here. I think you are seeing the side plate gap as should be. 👍👍

·
Premium Member
1,282 Posts
Brand new Colt king cobra with the less than 50 rounds through it. After shooting it I decided to clean it and notice the scratch on the bottom and I thought how did I do that. I went up further behind the cylinder towards the trigger and noticed another scratch. That is not a scratch as it is fractured all the way to the other side of the frame. My camera is not that good so these photos are okay but when you rub your fingernail on the one right next to the trigger you can feel your fingernails stop. I think I am lucky this did not blow up in my face. Thanks for your time. The pistol is less than 3 months old and I will be taking it back where I purchased it on Tuesday as they are off on Mondays.
As others have said, this is indeed the sideplate. Nothing is wrong; all is well.

When you bought this, did you spend some time to read the user manual and schematics that came with it? If not, then please do so; especially before you take it back where you purchased it and demand a refund / replacement. You'll save yourself time and embarrassment.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Please delete this post. I never said anything about demanding any money and, I've been around firearms since I was 10 years old I know how to handle them. And, that comment was very condescending. Please delete the account as well.
BTW, if we are playing word police it's their, not there. Good day to you all.

·
Premium Member
6,294 Posts
Check out this video and you will realize your Snake gun is perfectly fine.

Great post. That will explain it perfectly. 👍👍

Reactions: sublimert70

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Again with the condescending replies. I asked the moderator to delete this post. I never said anyone was uninformed here, another person putting words in my mouth which I do not appreciate.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.