Colt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Frame ID\'s

Check it out... Let me know of any errors, additions or what evers...

I put this together to assist me (I need all the help I can get) to find Custom Grips for my huge collection of Colt handguns (3 but one really don't count cause its Granny's and to be honest another one is a cap pistol)...

"D" frame... The Detective Special, Cobra, Agent, Diamondback, Police Positive.
"SF" frame... The 1990's Colt SV-VI, DS II, Magnum Carry.
"E & I" frame... The Official Police, Officer's Model's, Trooper, 357, Python.
"J" frame... The Trooper Mark III, Lawman, Metropolitan Police, Official Police Mark III.
"V" frame... The Trooper Mark V, the Peacekeeper.
"AA" frame... The King Cobra.
"MM" frame... The Anaconda.
"P" frame, The Single Actions.
"G, K, and Q" frames... All the .22 Single actions..The Frontier Scout, Buntline Scout. Peacemaker, New Frontier.
"F" frame... The black powder guns..Walk

/forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Frame ID\'s

I should always consult you (A1A) prior to re-inventing the wheel...
Mine always turns up flat on the bottom...

Dig it,

/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

·
The Searcher
11,097 Posts

I guess I should explain my "searches" again. A large portion of my pre-retirement career(s) involved research. Not the kind that you get government grants for /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif, but digging out information and putting it together in order to understand and then explain things. One important aspect of that activity is remembering that you saw something somewhere about "that". The second aspect on the forum is figuring out just what to search for with a simple or more "advanced" target. The third is just plain spending too much time reading the forum. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif I don't mean to be curt when I only provide a link, just efficient. Sometimes I do get a little annoyed that more people don't do a little more digging on their own, but it certainly leaves me a niche and I hope it helps. And, as I have mentioned before, hopefully it staves off Alzheimer's. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Your Preventative Maintenance for Alzheimer's serves us all well...

/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

·
Registered
400 Posts

Well A1A if you start posting the same search results over and over again or if you start asking who's posting on here using your ID we'll know you lost your battle with Alzheimers. I for one do appreciate your search result links of previous postings and don't take it the wrong way.

Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts