Colt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering what everybody's recommendation would be on Frank's no "stack" action. I realize that everybody has their own preferences, but I am new to revolvers and don't have the opportunity to see very many besides the ones that I purchase.

I have a keeper/shooter that I'm thinking about submitting for the work. Also, is there possibly a consensus on what this would do to value. Again, I'm looking to keep this one in the family, but I would be remiss to not address the issue.

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
I do not think a quality action job would do anything but increase the price of a shooter, but I would keep the paperwork from Frank with the gun as proof who did it. I have had two done by him so far, and couldn't be more pleased with the results. Search his name on these forums and I think you will be more than pleased at what you read

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the input on valuation.

From what I've seen here, he has an absolutely sterling reputation. I'm going to send some firearms to him for work, but am on the fence about this one service as I have had no experience with anything having action work.

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
16,079 Posts
A Colt with a "trigger (action) job by an unknown source will lower value, since you have no way of knowing if it was done by a real expert, or some Billy Bob on his kitchen table.

On the other hand, an action job by Colt, Frank Glenn, or one of the old masters like the late Reeves Jungkind will increase the value.
The key is keeping the paperwork proving who did it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts