Colt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sent two of my Pythons off to him for some work last week, received them back this Thursday! In addition to correcting the timing Frank also did an action job on them both.

4" Sts Python: Bought it online and it showed up out of time, and would not even rotate the cylinder by pulling the hammer back. Now it locks up perfect and is smooth like butter. This is my new holster/field gun

4" 1969 blue: Purchased local and it was just starting to show timing issues. Frank corrected that and added an action job to it as well.

The man was super easy to work with, far beat his estimated time for the work to be performed and returned to me, and was just a pleasure to work with. I would highly recommmend anyone wishing to have work done to their Colt's not hesitate to send it to him. I was going to send mine to Colt but the wait time stopped me from doing so, and the service and work quality I received from Frank made me glad thet I didn't.

·
Premium Member
6,472 Posts
Sent two of my Pythons off to him for some work last week, received them back this Thursday! In addition to correcting the timing Frank also did an action job on them both.

4" Sts Python: Bought it online and it showed up out of time, and would not even rotate the cylinder by pulling the hammer back. Now it locks up perfect and is smooth like butter. This is my new holster/field gun

4" 1969 blue: Purchased local and it was just starting to show timing issues. Frank corrected that and added an action job to it as well.

The man was super easy to work with, far beat his estimated time for the work to be performed and returned to me, and was just a pleasure to work with. I would highly recommmend anyone wishing to have work done to their Colt's not hesitate to send it to him. I was going to send mine to Colt but the wait time stopped me from doing so, and the service and work quality I received from Frank made me glad thet I didn't.
+1 -- Frank Glenn is a real class act. Outstanding work and turn around time. Also, a heck of a great guy to deal with.

·
Registered
69 Posts
^ What they said. He did the most amazing action job on a 610 for me. DA must be around 7 lbs smooth as butter. He's been working on colt's since the 70's. Used to go around to matches with a tool box and do action jobs.

·
Registered
502 Posts
That's great to hear. Did you have him do the full rework of the actions where he bends the sear to get rid of stacking, or was it a more standard fit/polish job?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Chaosrob very helpful thread, it is nice to hear from those of you that have had work done by great gunsmiths other than colt. Could you tell us what your da trigger pull is on the two after the action job? As soon as I can find a 6 in sts I will be sending it to either Frank Glenn or Reeves Jungkind and plan on using it to compete in the NRA Distiguished Revolver Match a Camp Perry.

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Chaz, I will put them on the scale tomorrow and let you know
Chaosrob very helpful thread, it is nice to hear from those of you that have had work done by great gunsmiths other than colt. Could you tell us what your da trigger pull is on the two after the action job? As soon as I can find a 6 in sts I will be sending it to either Frank Glenn or Reeves Jungkind and plan on using it to compete in the NRA Distiguished Revolver Match a Camp Perry.

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sts 4" Frank tuned Python 7.25 DA and 3.25 SA According to my scale. No Stacking, butter smooth
1969 blue 4" Frank Tuned 7.5 DA and a smidge over 7.5 DA. No stacking, and very smooth.

Hard to tell the difference without the scale but the Sts gets the nod. Ignition has been reliable with both 357 and 38 loads I tested them with

1 - 8 of 8 Posts