Colt Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
all can view my website
2,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Colt Python 357 Magnum Revolver Nickeled finish 6 - Revolvers at GunBroker.com : 902942653
six inch nickel python $1670
COLT 1908 - FACTORY ENGRAVED IN PRESENTATION BOX - Semi Auto Pistols at GunBroker.com : 902943953
factory engraved Colt 1903 $1255
Colt Lawman MKIII 2 1/2 Inch - Revolvers at GunBroker.com : 902947617
Lawman $695

No rating is always a reason for caution. What I always look for is a matching background for all items listed. Three items. Three different backgrounds. Looks fake to me. Might be wrong, but I doubt it.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Colt Python 357 Magnum Revolver Nickeled finish 6 - Revolvers at GunBroker.com : 902942653
six inch nickel python $1670
COLT 1908 - FACTORY ENGRAVED IN PRESENTATION BOX - Semi Auto Pistols at GunBroker.com : 902943953
factory engraved Colt 1903 $1255
Colt Lawman MKIII 2 1/2 Inch - Revolvers at GunBroker.com : 902947617
Lawman $695

No rating is always a reason for caution. What I always look for is a matching background for all items listed. Three items. Three different backgrounds. Looks fake to me. Might be wrong, but I doubt it.
Well that 1908 is a rare one with pear grips!

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
The 1908 has plastic grips and is not factory engraved.

Reactions: Rick Bowles

·
Premium Member
4,587 Posts
Just about to the point of doing no business online. It’s getting that bad out there IMHO anyway.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Just about to the point of doing no business online. It’s getting that bad out there IMHO anyway.
That's a bit extreme. I'm glad I don't have to visit every gun store and gun show in the country when I'm looking for a particular used gun like the old days. :D

·
Premium Member
4,587 Posts
That's a bit extreme. I'm glad I don't have to visit every gun store and gun show in the country when I'm looking for a particular used gun like the old days. :D
Extreme.... Maybe so. But at the end of the day I know where my money is. I’m much older now but in the day I loved the hunt for that certain gun I wanted. Gun shows, Gun shops, Local advertisers, Word of mouth, Etc. Much more exciting, to me anyway, especially when you found the prize. Nothing any better than seeing and handling that gun before buying it. Old School (YES). Again IMHO. 😎😎

·
Premium Member
4,459 Posts
Copy the photos and do a Google image reverse search. It will reveal where the pics first appeared.

·
Registered
48 Posts
2 years ago I found my own Ruger Hawkeye listed on gunbroker. Not only was it half the price I paid, the ad was so good I was tempted to bid on it again ! Scammers and cheaters are everywhere, every day. Exercise extreme caution when you are buying!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts