Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 292 Posts

·
Registered
6,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This morning I was replying to Keith aka "hwjhfs". I didn't know his first name and I erroneously called him Jim because another member had just called him Jim. I've been thinking about this for some time and this embarrassment gave me the motivation to start this thread. Though most of us have never met I think it's safe to say we're friends, at least "Colt Friends". I'm almost 70 years old and I like to address friends by their first name. I don't have a problem with clever screen names but it just feels odd having a serious conversation with another adult and calling them "Joe BagOdoughnuts" or "Boaty McBoatface". I know some folks may have a reason not to publish their surname but I'd like to see us sign our post with our given name. It's just a thought and no hard feelings if this doesn't fly.

Rick

·
Registered
9,212 Posts
I do trust most people here I've dealt with more than some people I worked with or know in person. Some years back my wife asked me to come up with an email name. After all failed i just said the stupidest name I could come up with, Wyatt Burp. She loved it. So I used it on my first entry onto discussion forums here on S&W just to ask questions about something not knowing I'd be here forever. Matt

·
Premium Member
3,345 Posts
Well Radical Rod is way better than Hot Rod like many want to call me.....

and my given name is Rodney...even my Mom doesn't call me that except when I'm in trouble.....

I think more people know me as "Radical" than know my real name.....

My wife says I am a figment of my own imagination what ever that is suppose to mean....RR

·
Premium Member
4,313 Posts
This morning I was replying to Keith Alderson aka "hwjhfs". I didn't know his first name and I erroneously called him Jim because another member had just called him Jim. I've been thinking about this for some time and this embarrassment gave me the motivation to start this thread. Though most of us have never met I think it's safe to say we're friends, at least "Colt Friends". I'm almost 70 years old and I like to address friends by their first name. I don't have a problem with clever screen names but it just feels odd having a serious conversation with another adult and calling them "Joe BagOdoughnuts" or "Boaty McBoatface". I know some folks may have a reason not to publish their surname but I'd like to see us sign our post with our given name. It's just a thought and no hard feelings if this doesn't fly.

Rick
A great idea here Rick for sure. Terry (WVCOLT)

1 - 20 of 292 Posts