Colt Forum banner

241 - 260 of 292 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,307 Posts
Jim here. Probably posted earlier, but I am known to repeat myself. So here goes...

Is there a "Forum Tools" feature in which you can check to see if you have already posted in a given thread?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I don't visit here much and post even less, but it was good to get a notice from the forum this AM. I like seeing first names as well. I'm James, who, regrettably, lives too close to The People's Republic of Seattle.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Terry here.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I do trust most people here I've dealt with more than some people I worked with or know in person. Some years back my wife asked me to come up with an email name. After all failed i just said the stupidest name I could come up with, Wyatt Burp. She loved it. So I used it on my first entry onto discussion forums here on S&W just to ask questions about something not knowing I'd be here forever. Matt
As Wyatt aka Matt knows, I changed my forum name to my SASS alias that I have carried for 25+years after I gave up James Butler Hickok Which I used when we (The Wild Bunch) started SASS. I came up with Wes Terner “say it quick” from an old Gary Cooper, Walter Brennan movie “The Westerner” Brennan’s Academy award movie (Judge Roy Bean).
I use the alias on my Gunbroker site, and others! I apologize to anyone for not using my given name Dennis R Mader.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
This subject has been up around a year now, I really don't see many people putting a 1st name on there post, most still use a screen name, it's just what folk's do on forums, they like to use odd names, like I do, lboos :cool:.
A few years back on the old forum I think this same guy [might be wrong] ask members would they post a pic. of them and a name, it worked out pretty good and lasted a short time, then back to normal, and that's the way it's prob. going to stay.
I mean, how many John's, Bob's, Bill's, Jim's etc are members here? so easy to get them mixed up, but I can remember the few screen names like Bubby, Cat Fish, Ben Dover, SAA Colt, etc. ......But, to each his own.
Anyway, Merry Christmas, lboos. ;)

241 - 260 of 292 Posts