Colt Forum banner

261 - 280 of 292 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
I'm keeping things simple...Most local folks call me Sarge or Sergeant. Officials in government call me out as Sergeant Higgins, and or SFC. It doesn't matter much cause I'm retired and haven't worn my uniform for 20 years. But getting people to change their habits is hard.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Friends call me Kenny

Reactions: ColtsDad

·
Registered
421 Posts
I'm aware this is an old thread but actually I agree with you Rick, that's why I've put my full name on all the forums I take part of.
I also take this opportunity to wish a Merry Christmas to everyone and your families

Reactions: saintclair

·
Registered
312 Posts
This morning I was replying to Keith aka "hwjhfs". I didn't know his first name and I erroneously called him Jim because another member had just called him Jim. I've been thinking about this for some time and this embarrassment gave me the motivation to start this thread. Though most of us have never met I think it's safe to say we're friends, at least "Colt Friends". I'm almost 70 years old and I like to address friends by their first name. I don't have a problem with clever screen names but it just feels odd having a serious conversation with another adult and calling them "Joe BagOdoughnuts" or "Boaty McBoatface". I know some folks may have a reason not to publish their surname but I'd like to see us sign our post with our given name. It's just a thought and no hard feelings if this doesn't fly.

Rick
Funny that I never noticed this before, I've often thought the same thing about peoples names.

Jeff

·
Registered
2 Posts
This morning I was replying to Keith aka "hwjhfs". I didn't know his first name and I erroneously called him Jim because another member had just called him Jim. I've been thinking about this for some time and this embarrassment gave me the motivation to start this thread. Though most of us have never met I think it's safe to say we're friends, at least "Colt Friends". I'm almost 70 years old and I like to address friends by their first name. I don't have a problem with clever screen names but it just feels odd having a serious conversation with another adult and calling them "Joe BagOdoughnuts" or "Boaty McBoatface". I know some folks may have a reason not to publish their surname but I'd like to see us sign our post with our given name. It's just a thought and no hard feelings if this doesn't fly.

Rick
Agree.
Dan

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
well i am John
i have had the jringo name for close to 23 years now
it was given to me by a dear friend and has been my email and user name on almost all forums since i got online
stay safe out there my dear friends
God Bless you all
i agree we all should at least know each others name

Reactions: ColtsDad

·
Registered
201 Posts
I hope this isn’t a repeat but here goes! Have used Wes Terner for so long (ask Wyatt Burp) that I sometimes forget to use my real name Howdy from Dennis!

261 - 280 of 292 Posts