Colt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y'all,

Just wanted to introduce myself. From Baton Rouge like to have old weapons or weapons that look old. Right now I have an Enfield Mark 4 no2, Mas 49/56, Enfield Jungle Carbine, BAR 30-06( late 60's), S&W Model 57, Sig 2022, and when I get home a Colt Trooper MIII.

Looking forward to some knowledge.

·
Premium Member
Collect older handguns from Colt and S&W primarily
430 Posts
Good to have you scubachris. I usta live in Louisiana back in the late 70's - early 80's; lived in Metairie and worked for Jefferson Parish SD. This is a great Forum - enjoy!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good to have you scubachris. I usta live in Louisiana back in the late 70's - early 80's; lived in Metairie and worked for Jefferson Parish SD. This is a great Forum - enjoy!
You traded Deanie's Seafood for Indianoplis? Just kidding. Thanks for the welcome.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Leo!

·
Premium Member
Collect older handguns from Colt and S&W primarily
430 Posts
You traded Deanie's Seafood for Indianoplis? Just kidding. Thanks for the welcome.
Actually, the restaurant I miss the most is Middendorf's in Manchac, there in the Atachafalaya Spillway area of I-55. They had the BEST Cajun thin-fried catfish and their peach bread pudding was to die for! Up your way I had some good seafood in all places, a Holiday Inn, on Airline Highway, in Gonzales.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Actually, the restaurant I miss the most is Middendorf's in Manchac, there in the Atachafalaya Spillway area of I-55. They had the BEST Cajun thin-fried catfish and their peach bread pudding was to die for! Up your way I had some good seafood in all places, a Holiday Inn, on Airline Highway, in Gonzales.
It is still there and still good.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Welcome from a fellow Louisianian.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It's actually on Hwy 30 in Gonzales, Mike Anderson's Seafood in the Holiday Inn. Very good.
If you ever come down skip Mike Anderson's. The quality has fallen off really bad. Middendorf's is still good.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Premium Member
1,453 Posts
Welcome to the Colt Forum from TN.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
3,766 Posts
welcome. I used to live in Alexandria La ( 7 years). I remember a nice gun shop in baton rouge where I bought a couple of colt single action armies. I don't remember the name of the shop.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
welcome. I used to live in Alexandria La ( 7 years). I remember a nice gun shop in baton rouge where I bought a couple of colt single action armies. I don't remember the name of the shop.
Thanks, and you must mean Jim's Firearms. They are pretty nice but sometimes the customer service lacks. Not always, but sometimes.

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Welcome to the Forum, Chris. Sounds like you have plenty to share with us. Enjoy!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks

1 - 20 of 22 Posts