Colt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
The Consummate Collector
7,164 Posts
old tanker. Thanks for sharing and can you please tell us the barrel length? Looks like a 4". Finding a short barrel Army Special in .41 is a real task. Congratulations on your great find.

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
That is really nice. Being from Hazard (deep dark hills of eastern Kentucky) originally, I am curious as to where you found such a nice Army Special.
-Craig

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Revolver came from just a bit west of Hazard in Laurel county.

I have flown into the old Hazard airport, in a tight valley alongside the north fork of the Kentucky river. One way in and one way out, it was cross the field, drop in between the hills on downwind, follow the river around on base leg, not seeing the runway again until turning final. No go around. At 2300 feet long, I thought I had done a good job the first time landing there in a Cessna 180, until I saw a couple coal company King Airs based there.

Airfields_KY_E_htm_m2d21a9d5.jpg Airfields_KY_E_html_17bf1191.jpg

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
That is a very nice find on the >41 caliber Colt Army Special! I favor the Army Special of all my DA Colt revolvers; just a prefect handling revolver. AND I love the .41 caliber!!!
:bang_wall:Heck, I haven't seen a Colt model or caliber yet that you don't Like!!!;)

Reactions: Abwehr

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Revolver came from just a bit west of Hazard in Laurel county.

I have flown into the old Hazard airport, in a tight valley alongside the north fork of the Kentucky river. One way in and one way out, it was cross the field, drop in between the hills on downwind, follow the river around on base leg, not seeing the runway again until turning final. No go around. At 2300 feet long, I thought I had done a good job the first time landing there in a Cessna 180, until I saw a couple coal company King Airs based there.

View attachment 405105 View attachment 405113
I've made that landing, too. A serous pucker factor there!
As to the "deep dark hills" description, Hazard is a thriving metropolis compared to most of Eastern Kentucky!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts