Colt Forum banner
  • Have you found any great Black Friday deal!? Share them in this post HERE for a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Not extremely well versed in the Frontier Scouts, but do love to shoot them. Came across this for sale and would ask the Forum on their thoughts on the finish. Was this style of finish on the gun originally available from Colt? Not duotone with the blue frame and the cylinder/barrel in the white. Also one of the frame screws are inconsistent.

Thanks in advance for any insights!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,803 Posts
My 22 mag Frontier Scout 80***F has the purplish-brownish alloy frame, blued steel bbl and cyl, and the split locking bolt. How well does that example time and lock up?

·
Premium Member
4,803 Posts
Are you certain that barrel and cylinder are in the white? After decades of exposure to oxygen, it seems that some patina would creep in.

·
Premium Member
8,000 Posts
It just looks really "messed with" to me. Unless a give-away price, I'd leave that jewel to someone else.
Some commemorative guns and prototypes had nickeled parts, but not in the white. Frame looks re-coated in something or original coating that's wearing off. Screw heads prove that it's been messed with non-professionally, and the grips have customized with notches to keep count of the wild Indians dispatched along the way. :)
If you can get it test fired to prove its functioning and accurate, then you got a shooter at the right price.

·
Premium Member
4,531 Posts
I'm not exactly sure of the inscription on the barrel but it looks like "Frontier Scout '62 .22 LR". If that is correct, it was originally an all blue gun. Definitely not original finish. Looks like the barrel and cylinder have had the blue polished off and the frame has been recoated with something with a dull look. The ejector rod head has had the finish stripped, too. And, of course, the grips have been hacked up. I would pass on this gun. Many nicer ones are available on various web sites. Another thing to think about is, that if the exterior of the gun has been vandalized this badly, what did they do to the inside?
- -Buckspen

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.