Colt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My father-in-law gave me a 1880 Colt Frontier Six-Shooter and I am looking for a source to price it out. I'm trying to decide if I should keep it or sell it. It has acid etching on the left side of the barrel and there were only a couple thousand made. Any help would be appreciated. I do have a serial number and picture.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Get the factory letter and if your into guns, and even if you are not, that gun should stay in the family. Yes, if it letters authenticaly it is worth a ton!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He does have a factory letter. I know..it would be nice to hang onto it, but I could really use the money.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Money will always come and go. Heritage, history, and the stories we tell our children and grandchildren, will live on forever.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Is your email box full yet?

I'm no expert, but any Colt Single Action of that vintage is worth a lot of money. It would help if you could post some pictures.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I plan to post some pictures in the next day or so. Is this the right area to do that in? I'm new to this forum.

I also want to take a look at the factory letter to see where it was originally shipped!

·
Registered
365 Posts
IMOP Don't sell a family firearms!!! if you do you will be sorry. I did and i still kick my self ever day'
tankerfrank

·
Administrator
7,302 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
I plan to post some pictures in the next day or so. Is this the right area to do that in? I'm new to this forum.

I also want to take a look at the factory letter to see where it was originally shipped!

[/ QUOTE ]

Welcome .

If you're wanting info , post in the Revolver forum . For selling , the Classifieds .

Thanks

·
Banned
1,129 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
IMOP Don't sell a family firearms!!!
tankerfrank

[/ QUOTE ] well said, better to sell something you can replace later.money, while handy to have will only get worth less. the price you get today will not replace the gun next year.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts