Colt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
-this thread will be refreshed and reposted, as new, once a month-

Since we are unable to edit threads please ask here or send a PM to see if items are still available.

3rd Gen Colt, 45 Cal. Unfired since new in box. Collaboration between master American engravers Mark Hoechst and Frank Hendricks. Gun was delivered in 1984. Old one piece ivory that Hendricks fit along with adding the now vintage silver plate. Mark did the unique C+ (3/4 coverage) deeply engraved pattern. Conversations with Mark mentioned he liked this gun enough to keep a version of the same gun/pattern since engraving this one.

I have the original Colt Carboard box for the gun (production date was 1976). It is however in pretty rough shape. I also have a bit of the original buyer's written communication and a recent file folder from Mark Hoechst about this particular gun with photos of this gun and of his own sample that mimics it. Pictures really don't do the gun justice. The deep relief engraving, the ivory and the patina on the silver plate are truly spectacular.

I only ship US Priority mail to a FFL dealer. $5000 delivered in the US. Mark's current wait time is a year out just to accept a commission!

These guns are both rebuilt NRA Comm. 2nd Gen. .45 Colts. (1971 Colt production) using commercial late Colt 2nd Gen barrels. I was able to tighten the cylinder gap to +/- .0025" with the NOS barrels. Both have action and trigger jobs and bulls eye ejector rods. (I can switch those out if you prefer the later cresant shape). Hammers are color cased and were hand cut to the earlier 1900 pattern. The guns were built to be used and are unfired since the rebuild.

The first gun comes with a pair of rams horn grips from Roy Fishpaw included in the price. They are numbered by Fishpaw to the gun. Some might think the grips worth more than the gun. Price is $2700 shipped.

The first gun comes with a pair of rams horn grips from Roy Fishpaw included in the price. They are numbered by Fishpaw to the gun. Some might think the grips worth more than the gun. Price is $2700 shipped.

The 2nd gun was built as a "pair" will all the same specs except the grips. It has hand fit Altamont "bonded" ivory, 2 piece grips. I have mentioned Altamont's bonded product prior as a alternative to the newest resin grip material. From my own fitting and use of both materials, I believe the Altamont material is more durable. I am currently fitting Giraffe bone 2 piece grips to this gun which are included at that price. Both pairs of grips are included. Price is $2700 shipped.

The nicely figured, and matched, two piece Giraffe bone currently being fitted to the 2nd gun.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Very Clean 4 3/4" USA made USFA gun. Serial number is CB6XX which Turnbull's shop lists as their blue and color case work. Comes with box paper work and sock. Gun is unfired and no drag mark or burn ring on the cylinder. Email for more photos if you are interested. $1950 delivered priority mail in the USA.

·
Registered
6,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Colt SAA, Colt Custom shop, 44-40, outstanding high polish Colt Blue and case, 4 3/4", factory 2 piece, blind screw ivory. New and unfired and no turn line in the older Custom Shop blue box. $2950. shipped.

This gun's blue and case colors finish are truly breath taking.

·
Registered
6,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

Once fired, Cowboy 45 Special brass. $25.00 per hundred. Less if the numbers justify it. Plus priority mail shipping depending on the amount of brass. Shipping starts at $8.00

·
Registered
6,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
SAA grips

Stabilized Giraffe bone two piece grip blanks. Should work on 2nd and 3rd Gen Colt. I fit a pair to a late 2nd Gen gun and had enough coverage to do the fit right. Corners are cut dang near perfect which really helps but be warned they do take some effort to cut and fit :) Sandpaper is slow. Dremel sanding discs will do it faster. But they polish up nicely even with just sand paper. Likely you'll see some neat colors and "grain" in this pair once you are done. The pair I fit, in the photo below, showed similar contrasts and less colors prior to cutting and fitting than what I am selling now. My guess from fitting just one pair is you wont know what you have for color until you are done. They do make a wonderful feeling with grip and gun in hand. Much like ivory (seriously) but a lot tougher I suspect if cutting them is any indication. $199 shipped priority mail in the US.

This is the first pair I fit. The gun is a late model 2nd Gen.

·
Registered
6,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Honduran Rosewood one piece grips $175 shipped. Shown here on a 1972 2nd Gen gun.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts