Colt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a rare and awesome S&W 629 Performance Center Revolver. It is NIB. Features a 7 and 1/2 inch barrel with integral scope mount, 6 visible/removable barrel weights for virtually eliminating muzzle climb, orange front sight, 2 sets of grips,Weight Spacers (if you only want to use a few weights) spent casings etc.. This is an awesome looking revolver and has an incredible trigger! I bet it shoots like a dream. This is much better than any Colt Python or Anaconda and is less than a python. Comes in a S&W PC gun rug with serialed outer white cardboard box. Asking $895 shipped or may be picked up in MI with permit

[This message has been edited by Red (edited 07-04-2005).]

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Would trade for two NIB Taurus 92 pistols with Gold Appointments (prefer pearl/rosewood grips) and 17 rd mags+$35 on your end

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>This is much better than any Colt Python or Anaconda and is less than a python.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
As long as you don't consider asthetics.

Sorry, I just had to get that in considering this is a Colt forum.

[This message has been edited by Majic (edited 07-06-2005).]

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Majic:
This is much better than any Colt Python or Anaconda and is less than a python.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
As long as you don't consider asthetics.

Sorry, I just had to get that in considering this is a Colt forum.

Colt forum or not, this gun kicks the shit over a python and anaconda in both asthetics and function. I have another one of these that I shoot and I also have many Colt revolvers. There is no comparison. This .44 S&W kicks like a 9mm and easily breaks clays at 50 yards (not feet).

[This message has been edited by Red (edited 07-07-2005).]

·
Registered
794 Posts
Aesthetics is defined as pertaining to the sense of beauty. It is one's perception of beauty and art. And as the old cliché goes: "beauty is in the eyes of the beholder." So as far as my eyes are concerned, the beauty (aesthetics) of your gun doesn't cut it.

If "this gun kicks the shit over a python and anaconda in both asthetics and function" it looks like it got some splashed all over it.

Good luck.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by WS23:
Aesthetics is defined as pertaining to the sense of beauty. It is one's perception of beauty and art. And as the old cliché goes: "beauty is in the eyes of the beholder." So as far as my eyes are concerned, the beauty (aesthetics) of your gun doesn't cut it.

If "this gun kicks the shit over a python and anaconda in both asthetics and function" it looks like it got some splashed all over it.

Good luck.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are a jackass. Really you are. If you are not buying my gun, why the hell are you even replying to my ad. You have absolutely nothing pertinent to say. Did I threaten your manhood in some way because this gun will shoot circles around any factory Colt revolver. Why don't you get a hobby, seriously..You should be out shooting your guns rather than than intruding on my FOR SALE ad. You are being rude, inconsiderate and childish.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Re: FS: Rare/Awesome S&W Performance Center .44

Easy there fellas......I must collect firearms both for beauty's sake and the beauty of function's sake. Shooting competitively I use nothing but custom built/tuned S&W revolvers, Performance Center autos and Rock River Arms 1911's so I can appreciate the quality of this revolver. I have also posted off subject items on occasion when I needed to sell them so I cannot throw any stones there. The Smith & Wesson forum might be a more pertinent place to list this gun but I find no harm in placing it here. If I didn't want to look at it I would not have opened the thread. As artistic as a classic Colt can be a PC gun will in fact shoot ring around most any Colt (excluding those completely rebuilt by one of the top smiths) and they are beautiful in their own way. My advice is to list it on GunsAmerica, you'll get the most exposure and their fees are reasonable.

·
Registered
73 Posts

please don't attacked each other.

please don't make statements that will provoke others to attack.

non-colt items are welcomed in the coltforum classifieds.

i'd like to keep this board nice and friendly. thanks people.

-cfadmin

·
Registered
185 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Majic:<BR>
This is much better than any Colt Python or Anaconda and is less than a python.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>As long as you don't consider asthetics.
<BR>Sorry, I just had to get that in considering this is a Colt forum.<P><BR>Colt forum or not, this gun kicks the shit over a python and anaconda in both asthetics and function. I have another one of these that I shoot and I also have many Colt revolvers. There is no comparison. This .44 S&W kicks like a 9mm and easily breaks clays at 50 yards (not feet).<p>[This message has been edited by Red (edited 07-07-2005).]

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the pistol just fine; however I think your comparing apples to oranges.

Best of luck saleing your pistol.

·
Registered
240 Posts

Actually these are an interesting Smith because it isn't clear exactly when they were made or even if the performance center made them. The basic gun is certainly a performance center piece but the "window" to the barrel weights may not be. Such guns have been shown in both finishes (this and a black) for some time, I think, at GunsAmerica. I called an talked to the store owner who listed them there. He said that he had several. When presses as to where they came from, however, he wasn't helpful. SO this is either an extremely rare piece or a performance center piece that has been altered.

The fact that it has an internal lock is also interesting.

Might well be worth going the cost of the factory letter.

Posting this on the Smith cite might not be a bad idea.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts