Colt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
100% Flawless 1947 pre war/post war transition. Dead new in its original serial numbered box with manual. The original 1947 $66.30 dollar receipt still resides in the box. No takedown mark whatsoever, no high edge wear, no slide wear, no box wear, not one freckle nor one flea bite. Time capsule. I hope you guys enjoy the pictures.

·
Premium Member
12,527 Posts
Oh wow! That's my born-on-date too, 1947. Maybe not 70 years but 66 at least. May I trade you half my soul for that exquisite piece? LOL! Thanks for posting John, what a phenomenal gun!

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh wow! That's my born-on-date too, 1947. Maybe not 70 years but 66 at least. May I trade you half my soul for that exquisite piece? LOL! Thanks for posting John, what a phenomenal gun!
Sorry I can't add. ,, 66 is correct.

J.F.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Pretty sharp, I got its twin in .38 super I gave to my father last year for Christmas. Not a lot of folks know the late 40's were a transition from the wide spur hammer, to the flat sides and shortly there after the sides left in the white. Nice original example.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Pretty sharp, I got its twin in .38 super I gave to my father last year for Christmas. Not a lot of folks know the late 40's were a transition from the wide spur hammer, to the flat sides and shortly there after the sides left in the white. Nice original example.
I have a equally as nice NIB 1948 in .38 Super, with some pre war features. Its in the early type post war box where this 1947 is in a left over pre war box.

·
Registered
462 Posts
That is nice.
I can't help but wonder how that shoots. Do you think that would shoot good? I think, well, maybe just a couple shots, just to see how it shoots?
I can't help but wonder.
dc

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Oh! So that's what those looked like when they were stinking new. OOOooo...very nice!

Here's No. 228323 also from 1947. It's a "usin' gun" and has become my .45 automatic of choice for concealed carry.

It's gratifying to see one in new condition with box and labeling. I can know what mine would have looked like in pistol case in the gun shop of the day.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)

Here is a picture of my NIB 1948 38 Super. I am not sure if this year would still considered a late transition model, but a few pre war parts were still being used during this year. I am not an expert when it comes to details of these guns. I am just a collector of NIB condition. Hope you enjoy the pictures.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts