Colt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to thank all of you who offered expressions of support, both on the forum and in private correspondence. I was both surprised and gratified at the number of responses I received. Rather than send personal notes to all, I figured I'd post an update on the forum: As of this date, Fugate Firearms remains unwilling to step up to the plate. But, because the entire transaction was conducted by email and because the defective second-gen 1860 Army, represented as NIB, was shipped by US Postal Service, I've been able to file a mail fraud complaint with the Criminal Investigations Service Center of the USPS. I was very reluctant to take this step, because many of you who wrote reported satisfactory past transactions with Fugate Firearms and indicated sincere disappointment with their conduct in this instance. Unfortunately, their position in the matter left me with very few options.

·
Registered
171 Posts
The Colt Forum is a place to share, learn, and celebrate the history, production, and legacy of the Colt Firearms Company. I fail to see any reason to accommodate the type of discussion that has any malice or anger regarding a business transaction conducted between two parties. Would not have clicked the thread if I had known the content. I have no dog in this, by the way.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
This is a matter better handled privately as rosefarm indicated. No value in posting this thread.

·
Forum Friend
5,858 Posts
Not to take sides in your issue, only to comment ---- I found that filing a fraud claim with USPS was a waste of time. I found it went to the FBI & was assigned a number, never to be heard from again, my loss down the drain . Good Luck!

·
Premium Member
834 Posts
I have been pretty interested in the outcome. From the buyer's perspective, what if he intended to shoot the gun as opposed to sticking it in a safe? NIB that does not fire?

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
The Colt Forum is a place to share, learn, and celebrate the history, production, and legacy of the Colt Firearms Company. I fail to see any reason to accommodate the type of discussion that has any malice or anger regarding a business transaction conducted between two parties.
If one of the parties were not a well known and trusted gun dealer, I might agree, however this is not the case.
I really wanted to see John make this right with the op.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I think Joel brought up a very good point about the buyer and if he had decided to shoot the nib gun and it wouldn't have worked. In either case if it was going in the safe or to shoot it with this gun being rusty and stuck up inside it's not much good in that condition and I don't think it still qualifies as nib? I guess I don't see the argument of the seller on taking the gun back?

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
The Colt Forum is a place to share, learn, and celebrate the history, production, and legacy of the Colt Firearms Company. I fail to see any reason to accommodate the type of discussion that has any malice or anger regarding a business transaction conducted between two parties. Would not have clicked the thread if I had known the content. I have no dog in this, by the way.

Really? You might want to post that in BIG BOLD LETTERS on every forum and sub-forum here at coltforum.com, as it seems not everybody is on the same page as you.

Sellers routinely get criticized here at coltforum, sometimes they deserve it, but often it's because someone doesn't like their spelling, their price, or they use the word "rare" too often in the description on a commonly available firearm. If it needs to stop for John F. then it needs to stop for everybody. Forum members should not get a pass.

Reminds me of a friend who used to be a member of CADA (Collector Arms Dealer Association). He told me that if a buyer of a firearm purchased a gun from a CADA member, and felt the gun was not authentic and was not receiving satisfaction from the buyer, he could bring the gun to a panel of experts at CADA who would evaluate/authentic the gun. Problem was, if the seller was a buddy of the panel members, he would receive favoritism from the panel. It really soured my friend on CADA.

John Gross

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Really? You might want to post that in BIG BOLD LETTERS on every forum and sub-forum here at coltforum.com, as it seems not everybody is on the same page as you.

Sellers routinely get criticized here at coltforum, sometimes they deserve it, but often it's because someone doesn't like their spelling, their price, or they use the word "rare" too often in the description on a commonly available firearm. If it needs to stop for John F. then it needs to stop for everybody. Forum members should not get a pass.

Reminds me of a friend who used to be a member of CADA (Collector Arms Dealer Association). He told me that if a buyer of a firearm purchased a gun from a CADA member, and felt the gun was not authentic and was not receiving satisfaction from the buyer, he could bring the gun to a panel of experts at CADA who would evaluate/authentic the gun. Problem was, if the seller was a buddy of the panel members, he would receive favoritism from the panel. It really soured my friend on CADA.

John Gross
AGREED! If you cannot be above-board and ethical in your business matters with regards to Colt firearms, it needs to come out on the forum for all to see! Why get a free pass, and snooker someone else???

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
I appreciate the update and can guarantee I will never spend a dime with them. I have had good interaction with John previously but fugottis attempt at defending the policy and attempts at humor posting ridiculous pictures in response to a serious matter turn my stomach
.....Amen...it is apparent that the " I have your money screw you" attitude is being held onto tightly... and to suggest that he has stayed away from the forum for 30 days.... ya right...his ego and rabbit ears would not ever allow that....

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Personally I really don't know what is truly going on except that someone purchased the firearm and it wasn't what was stated. I have been taken by someone here on this forum as well and frankly I reserve my opinion on the cad but if I was to run into him we would have more than words. I don't care who is friends with who or what ever. A deal is a deal and it should be a clean deal. If your selling a can of beans it better be a can of beans. What I am in shock of from this forum is that guys are picking sides. Do you value your integrity or do you value a crooked deal? I don't care if I'm friends with someone or not if they are being shady in a deal than I am not a true friend to stand there and not say "hey you are wrong in this matter". If this person who did the deal is not happy and frankly if your a collector and don't know what a new in the box gun looks like your in the wrong hobby. That also goes to the dealer as well. I suggest you educate yourself. A guy on this forum sold me a SAA that was NIB and when I got it it was fired and his response to that was it was fired from the factory. My point is when your spending a large amount of money buying a Cadillac and when it gets to you its a Pinto you are going to be upset. Don't side with anyone except for the side of the respectable deal. It is easy to pick sides but until it occurs to you then you understand how one feels. Just on another note, if your such a great reputable dealer and you stand behind your product why wouldn't you just take your item back and resell it? It is obvious you knew the gun had an issue and though it will end up sitting in a safe and no one would know. This just a guess what I am gathering from reading its and bits. Again I am not picking sides just on the side of a righteous deal. i don't know either parties in this misunderstanding. You all have a good day.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Please give John or Matt Fugate a call if you have any questions concerning buying or selling a quality firearm. We will do our best to answer all your questions. We operate at a very low overhead. We're the only two employees in our company therefore we can sell you a quality firearm at a reasonable price. Buying a quality firearm from Fugate Firearms is better than money in the bank. Please give us an opportunity to earn your business. Thank you for your time.
www.fugatefirearms.com
Fugate Firearms
Telephone: 270-703-7017 Email: [email protected]

Telephone: 270-703-7017 I sent an email. The rest of us might want to contact them. Remember there are two sides to every story.
Return Policy
We offer a 3 day no fire/no disassembly return policy (minus shipping charges) on all items. In the event the item's condition does not meet the buyer's expectations, notification must occur within the 3 day period of the item reaching your FFL dealer. Returned items must be shipped back within the 3 day period. All returned items must be returned in the same condition as they were shipped from us. All trade and layaway sales are final.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
.....Amen...it is apparent that the " I have your money screw you" attitude is being held onto tightly... and to suggest that he has stayed away from the forum for 30 days.... ya right...his ego and rabbit ears would not ever allow that....
He was temporarily banned from the forum by the moderator. I am sure he could continue to lurk and make comments to himself but we were temporarliy spared having to read them.

·
Registered
189 Posts
* what I don't understand is the hypocricy - a couple of times recently one of our forum members tried to warn us about certain folks who were making fake boxes and labels & the names of the thieves were deleted from record by the admin due to forum policy
* then why is it ok to drag the Fugates name thru the mud? - is it a matter of preference? who is liked and who is not liked? well I don't like the hypocricy!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.