Colt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So there is a 3 inch royal blue Python listed on Gunbroker. It says it is 100% condition and not a remake or a barrel swap. It has no box or papers. I called the seller and asked them if they had a factory letter. When they said they did not I asked them how they could authenticate it being an original 3 inch barrel. The answer. We are a gun shop and we can tell such things. Well I guess I need to go ahead and bid!

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
That is Funny, I guess that kinda BS does fly with some people lol???

·
Registered
1,313 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,035 Posts
So there is a 3 inch royal blue Python listed on Gunbroker. It says it is 100% condition and not a remake or a barrel swap. It has no box or papers. I called the seller and asked them if they had a factory letter. When they said they did not I asked them how they could authenticate it being an original 3 inch barrel. The answer. We are a gun shop and we can tell such things. Well I guess I need to go ahead and bid!
The reserve has been met, and it is now been bid up to $4,525.00 with 11 days left. :)

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
If there was an example of a well done 3inch Python, that was a re-barrel or a talented gunsmith cut a longer barrel down etc..... I would not mind owning it as a shooter/carry gun. Of course I would not pay the kind of money a lettered 3inch would fetch. But I have to think that there would still be a market for it. Shame people try to push anything off as the genuine article. JMHO.

·
Registered
28 Posts
A local gun shop has had a 3 inch python for sale. When I talk to them about it they tell me as soon as they get the Colt Letter the price will jump dramatically. They have been saying this for at least 2 years that I have been aware of this gun. I wonder if thy have the letter and it doesn't say what they want.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Well isn't the 3" guns all contracted by lew Horton? Just call them up. Simple and faster than colt letter. I am not referring to the Cali guns.

·
Premium Member
3,508 Posts
WOW THANKS....I have been waiting on a letter from COLT on my 3" Combat Python,,,,,

Well I just "GOOGLED" Lew Horton and made a call....took the nice lady on the phone about 15 seconds to say YES they had received my gun from Colt and it is a 3" Python shipped in 1988.....they will not do a letter but are more than happy to give you the answer when you call....that was too easy....again thanks for the TIP....RR.

PS I asked if they still had a few stragglers sitting in stock.....she just laughed.....

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
Well isn't the 3" guns all contracted by lew Horton? Just call them up. Simple and faster than colt letter. I am not referring to the Cali guns.
No, the LH Combat Pythons were made a few years later and marked ' Combat Python".

The 3" factories referred to are marked normally, were made early 80's, different serial range.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Nothing to know for sure if Lew Horton is telling you it's one of their guns. No gain or loss to them to fib. It does help your gun if you ever decide to sell your 3" in the future. I have one question is yours a combat python or just a 3" python.

·
Premium Member
3,508 Posts
Well I gave the nice lady on the phone the serial number and she almost immediately said YEP we got that gun from COLT and it shipped out in 1988 as a 3".....

The gun is a COMBAT PYTHON and I see no reason for the nice lady on the phone to not tell me the truth....as she obviously just typed it into their data base and was able to tell me the "who when and where"....sure she had nothing to gain either way BUT I like to think most people are good and honest until proven otherwise.....RR.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.