Colt Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone old enough to remember Farrant grips? If I remember correctly, he was in law enforcement, and got into making grips. I learned about him in 1971 or 72 when I bought a copy of "Cooper on Handguns". I bought these a while ago on the Bay, because they were too cheap not to, even though I didn't want to alter any of my guns. He had 2 styles, if I remember correctly, one that didn't require any changes to be made to the gun, and this style, which required filing off part of the front of the grip frame.

So, I bought a well-used (at least on the outside) mid-60's OP to modify. It came with a set of grips that might be older Herrett's Jordan Troopers that some ham-handed son of toil used a file on to modify for his hand, and for speedloader use. The trouble is, it feels and shoots great for me, so I haven't gotten around to moifying it for the Farrant grips yet, but I will. They're not for sale, just wanted to share.

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
15,686 Posts
Farrant was an LAPD cop who made grips in his garage.

I'd heard that after he died, his sons had continued making them, but I haven't heard anything about the Farrant's in a long time.

Farrant grips were very much an "in" thing in the LAPD and Sheriff's office back then.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts