Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
8,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's some guns that were around and could have been used during the gangster era culminating in the killings of "Public Enemies" Dillinger, Bonnie & Clyde, Pretty Boy Floyd, and Baby Face Nelson in the crime wave year of 1934. Let's see any handguns of any make you might have made before 1934 that gangsters and lawmen might have carried. I purposely left out Colt SAAs but you don't have to. The plastic stags and T-grips are later additions here, of course but I was too lazy too remove them for this. Colt 1903 autos seem perfect for this but I don't have one.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Here's some guns that were around and could have been used during the gangster era culminating in the killings of "Public Enemies" Dillinger, Bonnie & Clyde, Pretty Boy Floyd, and Baby Face Nelson in the crime wave year of 1934. Let's see any handguns of any make you might have made before 1934 that gangsters and lawmen might have carried. I purposely left out Colt SAAs but you don't have to. The plastic stags and T-grips are later additions here, of course but I was too lazy too remove them for this. Colt 1903 autos seem perfect for this but I don't have one.
Very nice collection!

·
Registered
5,626 Posts
We have seen these before......but they are the real deal.

If none of 'em were gangster guns, then they were the hardware that the good guys carried. The newest one in there is a 1933 model M 1908. It is under the 3 on top , and had the checkered wood and the silver medallion.

·
Registered
494 Posts
View attachment 706823
If none of 'em were gangster guns, then they were the hardware that the good guys carried. The newest one in there is a 1933 model M 1908. It is under the 3 on top , and had the checkered wood and the silver medallion.
WOW!! some fine examples there..............

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
View attachment 706823
Excellent pic!
Thats my iPad wallpaper!!!

·
Registered
7,285 Posts
Somewhere I have a genuine pair of gangster sun glass`s put away. Back in 1965 I worked with a old retired chicago cop that was a guard with me on his retirement job. He was in his late 60`s or early 70`s.
He had got a call to a bar where a hit man was going to make a hit on a union matter. The gunzo pulled a shotgun out from his overcoat and blew his own leg off. When ray got there he was bleeding out. They personally knew each other. He said ray, my Lincoln is across the street. In the dash is a locked metal box. Can you take it to my wife? You can have anything else ya want in the car. Ray said you ride a motor, maybe you can use these. I took em out of the glove box. I rode a Harley. He gave me a set of antique looking gangster sunglass`s that looks like a racoon mask. I just ran across a picture of those glass`s.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Sorry for the screw up on the post above, should I put the pic. 1st then the comment, I put the comment 1st then the pic.
The pic. keeps popping up between the comment, ????

·
Premium Member
1,601 Posts
A few years ago I was invited to view the largest private collection of firearms in Canada. The owner of the collection has several Thompsons of all flavours.
Really cool! I wasn't aware they were legal in Canada.
Vic

1 - 20 of 60 Posts