Colt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
I doubt about it :

"VERY SCARCE HIGH CONDITION ORIGINAL NICKEL FINISH COVERAGE"

and the loading gate doesn't fit correctly to the frame...

·
Premium Member
1,757 Posts
There always seems to be some suspicion surrounding that guy's posted firearms. A search here will find several posts regarding Gunsrc. That said, I have no firsthand experience.
Vic

Reactions: MarkInTx

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Am I the only one that thinks the roll marks are too rounded, thus inferring the gun was refinished? Pitting on the base of the gripframe makes me think the gun was highly polished.

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Everything about gunsrc just seems so off. Its a constant flow of super high end guns, shill bidders and dont even bother emailing a question. Im just staying out of it.

·
Registered
655 Posts
I have one very much like this. It looks to me that a newer nickle coating is pealing off an older nickle coating on the cylinder, just like mine. I do not believe the base pin is original either. The style shown was used with those models that had an ejector. This model should have had the longer base pin like shown here on the bottom pistol. Notice how the revolvers with ejectors have the shorter base pin.
IMG_3342.jpg

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
I do not believe the base pin is original either. The style shown was used with those models that had an ejector. This model should have had the longer base pin like shown here on the bottom pistol. Notice how the revolvers with ejectors have the shorter base pin.
Actually, both types of base pins were shipped with ejectorless models. The one with the shorter head was less common.

Colt Model 1877 Lightning Revolver .38 cal. 1898 (1).jpg

1 - 11 of 11 Posts