Colt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for in the know insight on a bright nickel python on GB#361359119. Not said but it looks like 60's birth. I don't know seller & always like to check with you guys as you always dig out the frauds. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,343 Posts
Here is the listing: Colt Python, 357 mag, 4", E-Nickel : Revolvers at GunBroker.com

Photos are a little poor, and the Python smudged, but I would say this is a very nice original finished nickel Python from the late 60s (can't see all of the serial number). The seller might be correct in that it has not been fired much, although a photo of the cylinder's forward face would be nice. Now, you would have to purchase a good condition set of Type II Python stocks which could run $300 more or less.

Best of luck!

·
Registered
1,313 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for taking the time & the input---I didn't think they had E-Nickel in the 60's which made me wonder. Thanks again much appreciated!

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Thank you for taking the time & the input---I didn't think they had E-Nickel in the 60's which made me wonder. Thanks again much appreciated!
E-Nickel would be a 1981-1982 time frame, just prior to stainless.

·
Registered
7,015 Posts
Gun has a couple of things that catch my eye -- Front and rear sights and the rear sight screw are plated vs being blue/black.
That would be correct for an early nickel Python (which could have been your point).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts