Colt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two Pythons on GB #366408804 & 366223220 appear to be a decent price. i would like to hear from the Forum Experts concerning the originality
of these units. Your opinions are always greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,343 Posts
If we would take a look at the other auctions this guy has on Gun Broker, I think it may explain a lot about the two you have inquired about; a lot of monkey business for sure. In any event, this is what I see in the two auctions:

Colt Python 6" Blue .357 ANIB RARE mfg. 1975 NR : Revolvers at GunBroker.com

Looks like possibly an original box with a fake label, and fake paperwork. The label is one that we don't see too often and has a similarity to known originals, but in side by side comparisons it is not a match. The Colt Companion brochure was not issued during the mid-70s when this Python was produced. I suspect the Manual is a reproduction, given the other fake items, and it has the typical color of the fakes I have examined.

In both auctions the foil label is filled in with a style of pen and ink that is not similar to any authentic label I own or have seen.

Colt Python 4" Blue MFG.1975 As New Rare : Revolvers at GunBroker.com

Fake box, fake label, fake paperwork. Box has "thumb" cut-outs which were not present in this year. Box is wrong size for 4" Python in this production year.

Label is fake and is not the style of gold foil label Colt used in this serial number range; close but not accurate.

So, if you can buy the Pythons for a decent price with no value given to the packaging, then good luck. I just have to wonder about the guns if so much appears misleading.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Fake box on both

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Two Pythons on GB #366408804 & 366223220 appear to be a decent price. i would like to hear from the Forum Experts concerning the originality
of these units. Your opinions are always greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much---I suspected, but I always turn to you guys for verification.
I still lack the skills to make a determination on these fakes.

·
Registered
777 Posts
We now have to contend with fake labels, boxes, grips,hang tags, manuals, targets, welcome letters and re-blues. Are fake Pythons, made in China, out of the question when they go for $10,000 to $30,000 on GB though none have sold at those prices?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts