Colt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Series 80 Gold Cup/National Match in the 'bright stainless'finish. I bought it from a now defunct gun store that I did business with for years. It sat in the display for a couple of years and I began to feel sorry for it. He made me a good deal on it. It shoots and functions as well as any other Gold Cup. My question is did Colt make very many of these in this finish? I never saw another in my years of surfing the net. Could this be a rare version that I just fell into? CC

·
Registered
817 Posts
I've got one too. The bright stainless is beautiful. Bought it from an estate. I don't think it had ever been fired. It shoots and functions beautifully. I think the only weak spot is that pin that holds the rear sight in. Hope you enjoy yours. I have seen a couple at the local gun shows priced at $1100-$1300...kind of ridiculous!

[This message has been edited by texagun (edited 03-24-2005).]

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
texagun,
Agreed, they are rather striking. I have traditionally not been too keen on nickled guns, preferring blued. This, however is so easy to keep pristine as you can just polish out small scratches that stainless seems to get so easily. I rarely shoot it....maybe only 20 rounds so far as the trigger is just a bit too long for my rather small hands. Sad to say, it will probably become a safe queen. Enjoy yours in good health. CC

·
Registered
959 Posts
Why don't you have a shorter trigger fitted to it and then go out & enjoy it. You can always put the original trigger back in if you decide to sell at a later date.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts